Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery

Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:14 PM   #126
ee99ee
macrumors 6502

I just bought a pair of se210's today. VERY POOR sound quality until I got home and played around with the ear peice. After I found one that fit my ear, EXCELLENT sound quality. I love them.

I'd love to hear a pair of the se530's... I wonder how much better they sound than my se210's.

I also have a pair of Audio Technica's. They are by far the best headphones I've ever heard. They're about to fall apart, but they sound stunning.

-Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4345-SE210BlackonwhiteHI.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	92457  
Attached Images

ee99ee is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:30 PM   #127
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

Since I can't stand to have anything in my ears I use Sony MDR-7506's. I absolutely love them because they have about as flat a response as headphones can have. I can add any coloration by EQ'ing. The drivers will handle +12dB without distorting, great for some added bass when needed.
Attached Images

"Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world." -- Martin Luther

Last edited by QuarterSwede; Nov 25, 2007 at 11:35 PM.
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:08 AM   #128
ee99ee
macrumors 6502

I too always look for flat responses in headphones. Good choice.

-Chris
ee99ee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:05 AM   #129
DMC-12
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to DMC-12
I have the MDR-7506s and I love them! (But the rubber on the cord has frayed and exposed the wiring with less than a year of use.)
Old Dec 4, 2007, 02:17 PM   #130
SXR
macrumors 6502a

OKay, I probably already posted one of my headphones here but I have some more.

Here is a pic of all my headphones.

See those Apple In-Ear ones? Picked them up ( brand new ) for a forth of the price they're worth. Those just don't fit in my ears, I want to wear them but they keep falling out and it annoyes me alot. Those In ears just arent anything for me , I have cursed ears. Anyway , the middle ones with the protectors are the ones I use and love. Those are a pare of Creatives EPwhatnot.
Now , I used to love those Apple headpones , the design and quality and everything. But they are malfunctioning ( I think ). There isnt much sound going trough the front ( where it should be coming from ). In fact , I get a louder sound from the back! Those 3 or 4 holes on the back. I just gave up on them because of that. I had to play my iPod on max volume to get some normal volume when in a room of people while the headphones in the middle of the picture can do that with a forth of the volume. ( or less ).

I also have a HEADPHONE a real PHONE but those are getting old, need to be replaced. ( got those with my webcam ).

I see some people here have UEs and Shure's. Well, those in-ear headphones just dont fit for me and i really hate that. Im sure they rock. How come , though? ugh
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00219.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	93378  
SXR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:50 PM   #131
SeVeN
macrumors 6502a

SkullCandy Ink'd $10 at F.Y.E

Old Dec 4, 2007, 06:12 PM   #132
ee99ee
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeN View Post
SkullCandy Ink'd $10 at F.Y.E

I was talking about headphones with the guy who sits in front of me in math class earlier this evening. That is what he has and he says they sound great.

-Chris
ee99ee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2007, 06:39 PM   #133
Cybix
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Cybix Send a message via Skype™ to Cybix
I have some Sennheiser PX 200's. cheap, sound pretty good, portable. use for ipod and my work PC. (so my co workers cant hear what youtube vids I'm listening to hehehe)
Attached Images

Cybix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:12 PM   #134
taybone
macrumors member

The people that swear by Bose are sadly mistaken if they think they are listening to top-end phones. For the price you pay for a pair of triports (which are built quite poorly, actually), you could get a pair of much better sounding phones from another company.

If you truly want good audio quality for a fair price, stay away from Bose. Look at Beyers, Sennheisers, etc. Trust me, I've been through many headphones, and I will never buy Bose again. If you are interested in what to purchase, head-fi.org is a great place to start.

Myself... I use Sennheiser HD580s.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:49 PM   #135
cschreppel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by taybone View Post

Myself... I use Sennheiser HD580s.
I 2nd this. I have two pairs of these. One at home for listening pleasure and one at the studio for recording classical, jazz, and other acoustic music. Flat-ish response (nothing is flat, I don't care what anyone says), great comfort, EXCELLENT definition!

Too bad they're discontinued.
cschreppel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 07:05 AM   #136
saxondale.
macrumors 6502

Shure SE530's

Love them
Old Dec 7, 2007, 03:37 PM   #137
cmcclure16
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrsfrml View Post
V-Moda Bass Freq(Black)

Thinking of getting those for my iPod. Are they good?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:47 AM   #138
eric55lv

Send a message via AIM to eric55lv
i just have the regular iPod headphones
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	394.7 KB
ID:	93843  
eric55lv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:49 AM   #139
cornopaez
macrumors regular

Bose Triport Over ear... those are nice!
Old Jan 5, 2008, 03:04 PM   #140
terriyaki
macrumors 6502a

I roll with Sennheiser 595s for at home and use Shure e2cs for when I'm out and about.

I'm thinking of getting Grado SR60s or Grado SR80s to use as headphones on the go, though. Any thoughts on using those on the go?
Old Jan 5, 2008, 04:08 PM   #141
WillJS
macrumors 65816

V-Moda Vide Duo's
WillJS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 05:21 PM   #142
lost eden
macrumors 6502a

I just took delivery of 2x pairs of Sennheiser PX100 (one pair for my sister, the other for me, because I got a deal on 2x pairs) & damn am I dissappointed! Headroom describes the sound as on par with the Koss PortaPro, but they sound like absolute garbage compared to my PortaPro!

Thumb resize.

Safe to say that I am sticking with my PortaPro for portable listening.

MD+amp & Koss PortaPro;
Thumb resize.

Thumb resize.

More PortaPro;
Thumb resize.

I'm a medium kinda guy;
Thumb resize.
lost eden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:33 PM   #143
tidytrev
macrumors regular

minez

i use the stock apple buds for when im out and about and the porta pros are for at home.
the apple buds are getting really rattly and buzzy now but im not sure wether to look for replacements or wait it out till i get a new ipod, anyone got any suggestions for good cheap buds?
my porta pros where £12 from amazon.co.uk and the best bargain iv ever gotten, iv not found anything at any price range that i like better
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00001.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	96613  
tidytrev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:36 PM   #144
baby duck monge
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost eden View Post
I just took delivery of 2x pairs of Sennheiser PX100 (one pair for my sister, the other for me, because I got a deal on 2x pairs) & damn am I dissappointed! Headroom describes the sound as on par with the Koss PortaPro, but they sound like absolute garbage compared to my PortaPro!
So here's a question for you (or anyone else rolling with some PortaPros): I'm about to take delivery of some Ultimate Ear Super.fi 5 Pros, but am looking for some cans that would be better suited for a home setup. I realize that the Koss is supposed to be a portable phone, but if I could get a set of them (new) for a whopping cost of $0, would it be a good "buy" for a home setup? If not, is there anything else in that price range (or up to, say, 50% more expensive) available on Amazon.com that would be better? If not, I'll probably end up with some Grados or something, but I would have to pay for those.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:40 PM   #145
tidytrev
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby duck monge View Post
So here's a question for you (or anyone else rolling with some PortaPros): I'm about to take delivery of some Ultimate Ear Super.fi 5 Pros, but am looking for some cans that would be better suited for a home setup. I realize that the Koss is supposed to be a portable phone, but if I could get a set of them (new) for a whopping cost of $0, would it be a good "buy" for a home setup? If not, is there anything else in that price range (or up to, say, 50% more expensive) available on Amazon.com that would be better? If not, I'll probably end up with some Grados or something, but I would have to pay for those.
look at the amount of portapros posted here and google for portapro review, iv yet to find a bad word said about them, theyv been around for quite a few years and are still used by quite a few ppl now thats standing the test of time
tidytrev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:46 PM   #146
bov
macrumors 6502

delicious
5th Generation, iPhone 4S - White 32 GB
bov is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2008, 06:56 PM   #147
Big-TDI-Guy
macrumors 68030

I made these on my own out of MDR-EX90 earbuds, and they look ugly - but are the most comfortable and BEST sounding earbuds I've heard to date. (and I've tried UE, Shure and V-Modas - even the nice ones).

Fish-tank air tubing, epoxy and gun-ear plugs. Total cost ~ $5.00. Made $80.00 headphones sound $300.00 +.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Headphones.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	96616  
Big-TDI-Guy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:52 AM   #148
mattcube64
macrumors 65816

My mom bought me a pair of Shure SCL3s for Christmas. They fit very comfortably, and the noise canceling is superb. However, the bass is a bit lacking IMHO. However, I'm still entirely pleased with the set.

Thumb resize.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 03:26 AM   #149
Malou
macrumors member

my tiny collection...for ipod i got my new px100, I used to roll the hd 200 but they broke, they are still awesome though. and at home I roll with the hd 555, they are SOOOOO comfortable, I just wish the cable wasnt that darn huge so I could use them with my ipod as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hd200.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	96672   Click image for larger version

Name:	1288_7_sennheiser_px100.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	96673  
Attached Images

Malou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2008, 03:33 AM   #150
lost eden
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
the porta pros are for at home.
Oh the irony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby duck monge View Post
50% more than $0 is $0. But yes, there is a reason why the PortaPro design hasn't changed in over 20 years - they are just that freakin' good. In any design (portable, in-ear, sealed, etc.) there is nothing in the same price range as the PortaPro that can even come close.
lost eden is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Picture Gallery