Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 20, 2007, 06:15 PM   #1
skinnylegs
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to skinnylegs
iBook password issues.....

I decided to do a reinstall on my iBook. It had Tiger on it. So.....I did a reinstall from the Panther discs that came with it figuring it would give me my apps that came with the rig. I was 'gonna upgrade to Tiger but it is asking me for my password and, for whatever reason, when I enter my *correct* password it doesn't work. It says it is the incorrect password. Now, of course, I'm in a catch 22 cause I can't do anything without admin privileges and I have no idea what the password was changed to.

Help!
skinnylegs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Jestered
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnylegs View Post
I decided to do a reinstall on my iBook. It had Tiger on it. So.....I did a reinstall from the Panther discs that came with it figuring it would give me my apps that came with the rig. I was 'gonna upgrade to Tiger but it is asking me for my password and, for whatever reason, when I enter my *correct* password it doesn't work. It says it is the incorrect password. Now, of course, I'm in a catch 22 cause I can't do anything without admin privileges and I have no idea what the password was changed to.

Help!
Boot from the install disk. In one of the menus in the menu bar there will be a "change password" option. You can change the password for any user on the computer there.
AppleTV2 + 120GB AppleTV
Jestered is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:02 AM   #3
skinnylegs
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to skinnylegs
Thank you all for your help. Worked like a charm!
skinnylegs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:50 AM   #4
Cmacarson
macrumors newbie

Unhappy catch 22

I am having the same issue, although I do not have the reset disks, is this the only way to fix the problem?
Cmacarson is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs