Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:07 PM   #1
squeeks
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to squeeks
save image to downloads?

why does safari have a save image to downloads feature why not a save image to pictures choice?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:24 PM   #2
M@lew
macrumors 68000

Er...I'm not sure what you're asking, but you can drag the image straight from your browser to your desktop for quick saving.
M@lew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Eidorian
macrumors Penryn

Send a message via AIM to Eidorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@lew View Post
Er...I'm not sure what you're asking, but you can drag the image straight from your browser to your desktop for quick saving.
That's what I do in FireFox as well. It works in Windows too, yay...
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:27 PM   #4
squeeks
macrumors Demi-God

ok ill explain better, if you right click an image in safari it gives you the option to save the image to your download folder, well, i usually im downloading wallpapers and want to save them to my pictures folder, so why dosent safari have a save image to pictures choice, when it has a save image to downloads choice, saving it to the downloads folder dosent to me any good, i have to pick save as then pick the pictures folder...ok i realize if they included every feature the app would be huge, but hey, they already have the save to downloads link just change it to save to pictures...oh well
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:29 PM   #5
Mitthrawnuruodo

Safari 3 has both options. In Safari 1 and 2 I think you need to hold down the option key to change the "Save image to <default download place>" to "Save Image as...".
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:38 PM   #6
squeeks
macrumors Demi-God

ok, wait, the choices i have are save image as, and save image to desktop, add image to iphoto library, and make image desktop wallpaper...the thing is i dont see what the point in saving the image to the desktop is, why not have it save the image to your pictures folder...i dont get it
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:40 PM   #7
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitthrawnuruodo View Post
Safari 3 has both options. In Safari 1 and 2 I think you need to hold down the option key to change the "Save image to <default download place>" to "Save Image as...".
Well, sort of... it still doesn't have a built-in "Save to Pictures" item. I guess it makes sense that Safari might allow you to send a picture directly to the pictures folder or directly to iPhoto.

If you really want, you can simply put an Automator folder action on your downloads folder, though, that would take care of this nicely. And score mad geek cred.

EDIT: In the end, though, whining to us won't make the feature magically appear. We didn't write Safari. Contact Apple and make the suggestion.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 07:41 PM   #8
Mitthrawnuruodo

Then go into Safari preferences and change the "Save downloaded files to:" under General to your preferred place... then the context menu changes accordingly...

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X