Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 22, 2007, 02:11 PM   #1
seablue
macrumors regular

Kernel Panic - eMac

Thought I'd start a new thread so more people can respond to this specific issue. I was talking with someone in my eMac sleep question thread...
Anyway.... Yup, I've got kernel panic going on. On my eMac 10.2.8 system.
I did a few things that the article suggested. I looked for any third party software of any kind and nothing jumps out. I did find something odd in my login items. Got rid of it, repaired permissions and re-started the computer.
I had the computer in the shop last week for a power issue (for which they found nothing wrong) and when I got it back home, I suddenly have items that I either dumped YEARS ago or never had in the first place! Like safari, imovie, itunes to name a few. What the????? Did they do a reinstall?
Everything was intact as far as my old files, bookmarks, mail etc...
I just got rid of alot of stuff that I didn't want on here.
What else can I look for to remedy this kernel panic issue? It doesn't happen at all when I'm on the computer, ONLY upon waking.
Also.... what is Apache - found in services folder? Can I dump that?
And, Mind Vision??
Thanks for any help!
seablue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2007, 09:43 PM   #2
seablue
macrumors regular

I think I fixed it. Fingers crossed! Thanks to scaredpoet for sending me the link for the "kernel panic" article. I had never heard of that.
Since I got it back from the shop, it's had a different sound to the modem. I'm on dial up and it had an extra 4 beats in there. It wasn't "normal".
And then getting the kernel panic upon waking every single time. Like I said - I also had software on there that shouldn't have been. So, I'm thinking they had to do a re-install and used their disks since they didn't have mine.
Something must have been corrupt. Anyway, I did an archive re-install and everything seems to be fine. I close my eyes every time I wake it. Fearing I'm going to see that kernel panic window! I've put it to sleep a few times and woke it up and it's ok. oh and the modem sounds are back to normal. No more extra beats in there. That was very strange.
Question.... since I did an archive install - where is the saved folder?? I'd like to get rid of it but I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by seablue; Jul 22, 2007 at 10:20 PM.
seablue is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs