Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:02 PM   #1
eddysterkin
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Macbook Logic Board Battery Problem

Ok, it all started when I noticed that my macbook, which I bought in February had an X in the battery indicator in the menu bar. I immediately thought that the battery of my macbook was damaged. I headed to the San Francisco Apple Store. A Mac Genius told me that Apple would be more than happy to take my macbook in for a few days to repair it. 2 days had past and one morning I got a phone call. It was a Mac Genius. He told me that the battery of my macbook is fine and that it is actually an issue with the Logic Board which he tells me is a result of a liquid spill. He states that it would cost $750 to replace the logic board. I refused to pay the $750 to replace the Logic Board. I don't remember spilling anything also...

Now I'm stuck.

Any ideas?
eddysterkin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:52 PM   #2
aspro
macrumors 6502

Not really I'm afraid, if your Logic board is broken, well, you need a new one. I'm not certain but I'd imagine that the only people you could get one for a Macbook from would be Apple.

13" Macbook
[2.16Ghz/2GB/120GB/Mac OSX 10.5.1/iPod classic 80GB]
aspro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:57 PM   #3
iToaster
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Not really I'm afraid, if your Logic board is broken, well, you need a new one. I'm not certain but I'd imagine that the only people you could get one for a Macbook from would be Apple.
or eBay, but I wouldn't bother installing it myself. Besides, if your logic board is broken, why is your MB still alive? Maybe a connector issue. If it's liquid damage, Apple can tell, but maybe you just have it in too humid a place? I don't know if it's worth it if it still works.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 12:17 AM   #4
deadpixels
macrumors 6502a

if your macbook still worked when you sent it to rep then the logic board is not dead, obviously! but since you battery indicator shows a X , it must be that some contacts on the logic board where the battery connects are probably corroded.
if you get you macbook back you could try to open and clean up the corroded parts.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 05:52 AM   #5
MaddieBrad
macrumors regular

How can you not remember if you spilled something?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro