Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Okay I need some help here. I dont know if it is some kind of function you can turn off or if my mouse-button (15" SR MBP) is broken or something.
The problem is that I can only click on files and maps but I cant drag them, I cant drag files to a map or to the trash.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Maps?

Is this a new MBP and you've never been able to do what you want, or one that used to do what you want and suddenly stopped? There are settings in system preferences -> kb & mouse -> trackpad related to what the trackpad does. I don't think any of them would prevent you from being able to drag things using the trackpad button, although you must turn the gesture on to be able to drag using a tap.

giganten

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
It did just stop, 10 min ago.
I will check there and see if I can find anything.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Possibly... the only other thing I can suggest is to create a new account (from sys prefs -> accounts -> the plus button in the lower left) and then log in as the new account and see if the same thing happens. Otherwise, I suppose, yes, the contact is bad (I honestly can't think of a time I've ever heard of that happening, but it seems possible).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.