Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 25, 2007, 02:10 PM   #1
n00basaur
macrumors regular

iphone totally frozen

Well, I was loading a page in safari and then EVERYTHING stoped working. I can't shut it off, battery won't say if it's charging or not, volume keys don't work. I've tried syncing it to try a restore but it won't even sync either. I've also tried holding the home button for a few seconds to force quit safari but no luck.

What should I do?
n00basaur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2007, 02:18 PM   #2
yoman
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00basaur View Post
Well, I was loading a page in safari and then EVERYTHING stoped working. I can't shut it off, battery won't say if it's charging or not, volume keys don't work. I've tried syncing it to try a restore but it won't even sync either. I've also tried holding the home button for a few seconds to force quit safari but no luck.

What should I do?
You may have already done this but have you done a soft reset on it yet.

You do this by holding the sleep/wake button down while pressing the home button until you see the apple symbol in the middle of the screen.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 03:29 PM   #3
n00basaur
macrumors regular

Thanks a bunch that worked!
n00basaur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 02:55 PM   #4
Giies
macrumors member

My iPhone just got frozen this morning too while I was brownsing through the music. And then it jump back to the home screen and all 4 button at the bottom disappeared like it's nothing there and it froze , wouldn't let me do anything except turning it off, and it work fine when i turn it back on.
Giies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Meagan
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

Mine just did the same thing and I completely panicked because nothing worked, iTunes wouldn't detect my iPhone.
That worked, thank you so much. (:
Meagan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting