Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
well i never went there before in the first place. never really like the sight. but they're definitely taking risks.
i'm guessing that Microsoft offered them a sweet deal that they couldn't pass up.

i like the last line/quote though:

"For a user, they look at it and say, 'Now, all of a sudden, you're doing a deal with the devil?'"

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
I actually see this as potentially being a good thing.

More competition is always welcome by me, and Google hasn't exactly been saintly lately.

Any digg alternatives you would recommend though? For those who no longer wish to use digg?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Digg is a wasteland anyway. I do, however, welcome some competition (even from M$) to google's ads, which are everywhere these days.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Digg made a business decision. If you like the site, why the hell would you care who is providing the advertising? It's not like you click the damn ads or even read them. Please spare me the Microsoft is evil diatribes.

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Digg made a business decision. If you like the site, why the hell would you care who is providing the advertising? It's not like you click the damn ads or even read them. Please spare me the Microsoft is evil diatribes.

I think Microsoft would be getting the short end of the stick, statistics showed that Digg users are very unlikely to click on ads, about 1/3 of what a normal web user is expected to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.