Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeyhayes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Lacombe Ab Canada
I have never used dvd Studio Pro before, but using iDVD has left my dvd with crappy quality...everything went blurry, even the type buttons created in iDVD...so now I have to try DVD Studio Pro...can anyone help me? I need to create a widescreen dvd and i want to make sure the settings of my files from FCP are right...and I need to create a DVD menu through photoshop?

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
For that actual video, in FCP you should use Export Using Compressor, and use one of the 16:9 DVD presets to export to MPEG-2 and AC3. For the best results, play around with the GOP (take out the B frames if the bitrate can afford it), set compression markers, etc.

For the menus, you can either use a video background, or you can indeed use Photoshop for a still background. For the buttons themselves, you just drag a box and set its target to whatever timeline/chapter you want. Then you can either use preset "highlight" shapes for the "selected" look, or you can use a black-and-white image created in photoshop to define highlights.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.