Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
Wow...

It's already here, and what an off-season we've had...

From Michael Vick joining PETA, to Lance Briggs... this has been a pretty good off-season.

Now, in traditional Redskin fan fashion, I will predict that the skins are going to the super-bowl (actually, i have my doubts that they will be 1st in their division).

What do you guys think?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
should be an interesting season considering everything thats happened.

i'm hoping that the Bears do well this year again. Grossman has to step up his game though. maybe they can actually win the SuperBowl this year.
but with it being so early, who knows.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
i refuse to call him that...he's ron mexico. what a loser.

but i'm a saints fan, so this benefits my team the better. we're going to the super bowl this year. but i'm not really into football until after baseball season is over.

but in the meantime, enjoy my 2007 national football tv schedule. it's similar to the mlb one in my sig, but since most of you already know when the games are on, it's going to be a bit different setup. you'll see once the season starts up. it's only the primetime games btw.

2007 national nfl schedule - link to nfl calendar for ical.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
How'd you get the name ron mexico?

And are you sure you're not a little biased because he's a gator? I do see you live in 'cane county.

i'm an lsu fan btw, not a fan of any florida teams (ick). and no, ron mexico is not a gator, he's currently in trouble with peta.

i have nothing against grossman expect he's a bad qb.

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

September cannot come fast enough. At least we'll have training camp and preseason to look forward to.

I don't really do much football talk here though, there being hardly any denver fans on these boards. :(

But I am excited about our team's chances this year. It'll be interesting to see how culter grows this year and what the additions of bly, henry, and graham will do for us.

Are you ready for some football??!!!??

daniel

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida

September cannot come fast enough. At least we'll have training camp and preseason to look forward to.

I don't really do much football talk here though, there being hardly any denver fans on these boards. :(

But I am excited about our team's chances this year. It'll be interesting to see how culter grows this year and what the additions of bly, henry, and graham will do for us.

daniel

talk to horaico ramirez. he's a broncos fan, despite being from la. he must hate the raiders then.

but i like the chargers.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
is that because they let go of brees and gave the falcons the opportunity to draft ron mexico??

daniel

no, lived in san diego for a while, not because of vick.

and the bolts gave the falcons the #1 pick, and drafted lt and brees from that. they love hosing other teams. see also the giants.

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
no, lived in san diego for a while, not because of vick.

and the bolts gave the falcons the #1 pick, and drafted lt and brees from that. they love hosing other teams. see also the giants.

yeah, after some horrible moves (i.e. ryan leaf) they've had some pretty good drafts as of late. of course, as a broncos fan, i hate it. hopefully, the coaching joke that happened down there during the off season will offset the tremendous talent they have on the field.

daniel

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
the NFC east is going to be tough this season, Redskins will definitely do better this year, their defense is going to be a force to be reckoned with, and if Campbell can start to use his amazing WR more often, the skins could take the division. But Dallas and N.Y are shaping up some pretty decent teams. As i said, it's going to be a tough division.
Other predictions- Cardinals and Titans will be a lot better, Raiders will still suck, as will the Lions.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
I'm pleased with the moves the Pats have made..Especially Adaelius Thomas. Filled a big hole of theirs last year..Their still a little thin on the inside,but hopefully they can fill that...

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I'm pleased with the moves the Pats have made..Especially Adaelius Thomas. Filled a big hole of theirs last year..Their still a little thin on the inside,but hopefully they can fill that...

A Pats fan too?!?!?!? :eek:
I think i'm going to be sick....
I HATE THE PATRIOTS, i hope they go 5-11 this year:mad:

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
Mark my words: Pats all the way this year.

Not a chance in hell! :D:D:D
Anybody except the Pats, hopefully the skins. :cool:
I don't know why i have so much beef with NE, call it a grudge, but i will never root for any team in NE.

BTW, in all seriousness, i bet Moss will be nothing but a hindrance to your team.

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen

daniel

I'm a *huge* Broncos fan. I'm upset that I have to have 500+ posts before I can have an avatar, because my usual avatar is the Broncos logo bulldozing the Raiders logo.

Broncos to shine in 2007 and go to SB XLII. Remember that we go every 10 years (XII, XXII, XXXII...)

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
BTW, in all seriousness, i bet Moss will be nothing but a hindrance to your team.

I would say this for any other team, but I have (blind?) faith that Moss and Brady are going to get form a rhythm unlike any other QB/WR in recent history! :D

If we could tame the wild Corey Dillon :rolleyes:, Moss will be no problem.

I can't even tell which parts of this post are sarcastic and which are not myself....so don't even bother.

Oh and...

college football > NFL

Between that and your yankees 'tar, you should probably uninstall firefox right away and never come back.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I would say this for any other team, but I have (blind?) faith that Moss and Brady are going to get form a rhythm unlike any other QB/WR in recent history! :D

If we could tame the wild Corey Dillon :rolleyes:, Moss will be no problem.

I can't even tell which parts of this post are sarcastic and which are not myself....so don't even bother.

Randy Moss has never gone to a team without messing them up. He had something going with Culpepper, but couldn't stay out of the spotlight for 5 minutes. Then he went to Oakland and did absolutely nothing! He was awful in Oakland, and the Patriots already have a good receiving core, if Moss isn't the center of the universe, bad things will happen :p

Oh and...

"college football>NFL"

Between that and your yankees 'tar, you should probably uninstall firefox right away and never come back.
LMAO :D:D
But seriously, the Yankees are catching up to the Sox, worried yet?

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Randy Moss has never gone to a team without messing them up. He had something going with Culpepper, but couldn't stay out of the spotlight for 5 minutes. Then he went to Oakland and did absolutely nothing! He was awful in Oakland, and the Patriots already have a good receiving core, if Moss isn't the center of the universe, bad things will happen :p

LMAO :D:D
But seriously, the Yankees are catching up to the Sox, worried yet?

I actually agree about Moss, I just am trying to keep high hopes for a changed man.

Worried about the yanks? Nah, even if, god forbid, we drop out of the first spot, we'll get the wildcard. The series has been won by a wildcard for something like 4 out of the last 6 years (someone check my facts on that, I am just trying to remember off the top of my head).

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
great, now this thread is turning into northeastern talk as well...ugh.

now, i'm hoping espn dorks don't say our season was based on emotion last year, because we were legit and one win away from the super bowl. i say saints win the south easily again. bucs look like they are still in rebuilding mode (similar to their baseball team), falcons are a mess, and the panthers aren't that great. watch the saints cruise all the way to the super bowl this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.