Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 27, 2007, 12:44 AM   #1
jonG
macrumors member

iPhone SCREEN FLASHES!!!

I was browsing in safari and it crashed, and tuned into sleep mode. I pressed the top button to wake up and the screen started flashing rapidly for about 20 seconds and then stopped. It seems to be ok now but what do you think. maybe just a fluke problem. Should I take it into apple if I can maybe not reproduce the flashes again?
Old Jul 28, 2007, 12:59 PM   #2
mercury6966
macrumors newbie

i had the same problem I on my 3rd iPhone now had it exhanged yesrterday night at the apple store. I called apple 1st they could not help me so they told me to see a genius at the apple store that's where I got it exhanged for the 2nd time
mercury6966 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 01:00 PM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Like a strobe? Is it a party favor now?

Seriously though, someone at work bought one, charged, activated, got a call and it flashed. He took it back and got another. No reason as to why it happened, but was easily exchanged.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Gonzlobo
macrumors 6502

I saw something like this online. Someone discovered ~70 'bugs', one of which was a flickering screnn like you report. Sorry, I no longer have the link.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 07:38 PM   #5
Sal510
macrumors member

mines does that too!!! i press the sleep button but is flashes like 4 or 5 times and then i sleep it and turn it back on and it works fine but i dont like it when it does that it pisses me off for a ****en 600 dollar phone and doing that **** ahhh
Sal510 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:33 AM   #6
scaredpoet
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal510 View Post
mines does that too!!! i press the sleep button but is flashes like 4 or 5 times and then i sleep it and turn it back on and it works fine but i dont like it when it does that it pisses me off for a ****en 600 dollar phone and doing that **** ahhh
Then exchange it!

The iPhone I just got got does NOT flash... yet, and hopefully it never will. :/
scaredpoet is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 12:45 AM   #7
loudestnoise
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to loudestnoise Send a message via Skype™ to loudestnoise
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Like a strobe? Is it a party favor now?
I'm sure hoping for this in a software update. It would make iPhone even more popular at the raves.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Kurt Hustle
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I was browsing in safari and it crashed, and tuned into sleep mode. I pressed the top button to wake up and the screen started flashing rapidly for about 20 seconds and then stopped. It seems to be ok now but what do you think. maybe just a fluke problem. Should I take it into apple if I can maybe not reproduce the flashes again?

Happened to me this morning...woke up...hit the sleep key to see what was up and the screen started strobing. Hit it again to shut it off...then seemed to work fine.
Kurt Hustle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:31 AM   #9
earthsick
macrumors regular

this happened to me twice...the most recent time it was charging and i was getting a call and the screen started flashing...it looked as if it was attemptiing to show the incoming call screen and the charging screen at the same time...it was odd but ended as soon as i took the call. if it happens one more time i will get it replaced
earthsick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:41 AM   #10
JMax1
macrumors 6502

That happened to me three times. The first time it freaked me out, the second time I thought maybe it's the light sensor, and the third time was right after the second time when I tried partially covering the sensor to replicated the problem - which worked. I thought it might have been because the *speck cover for my iPhone was partially covering it. I moved it a little bit and it hasn't happened since. That was maybe three weeks ago and no problem since.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting