Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 28, 2007, 03:39 PM   #1
fox2180
macrumors newbie

nicecast

i am trying to use nicecast to broadcast my own online radio station.... the only problem is is that i need to port forward so i can connect to the servers, so people can hear me. I am using a linksys router, but am on a new macbook (the broadcaster)
can anyone tell me how to open these ports please?
fox2180 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Jestered
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2180 View Post
i am trying to use nicecast to broadcast my own online radio station.... the only problem is is that i need to port forward so i can connect to the servers, so people can hear me. I am using a linksys router, but am on a new macbook (the broadcaster)
You have use a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever the ip address of the linksys is). This will bring you to the router setup page. Somewhere in there you will find port forwarding. You have to turn on whatever port that you are using with NiceCast and forward it to the ip address of your computer. You should setup a static ip address between your computer and the router so it never changes.
AppleTV2 + 120GB AppleTV
Jestered is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 04:01 PM   #3
fox2180
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post
You have use a web browser and go to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever the ip address of the linksys is). This will bring you to the router setup page. Somewhere in there you will find port forwarding. You have to turn on whatever port that you are using with NiceCast and forward it to the ip address of your computer. You should setup a static ip address between your computer and the router so it never changes.
well i did and it still doesnt work, it works with lan but it doesnt work with the router
fox2180 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 04:00 PM   #4
iJawn108
macrumors 65816

I do it from my macbook and have a linksys router also, you don't have something configured properly. It took me a while to understand port forwarding and how to get it working properly but it does, and does it well. I love that app.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:47 AM   #5
LucDirks
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2180 View Post
I have the same problem, in Nicecast help they help Mac os X firewall but it different by me. Firewall is differtent know, i can't open the port 8000. The local link that Nicecast give me works on my own mac. But not on the mac from my brother. I have try a lot with de firewall but is dossent work. Maby it can't work with my router? I'm not zo good in english i hope you understand it
LucDirks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:10 PM   #6
rosstex
macrumors newbie

I had this problem at the beginning. All I had to do was turn UPnP on on my router. I haven't had any problems since.
rosstex is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store