Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Hi you all!
Im new here and I have a big problem. I downloaded Bittorrent 3.1 for Mac OX but it wont work. When ever it starts a download the programs quits and wont say why! And I cant open the prefereces! Can anyone help me!?
thanks
sabs

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: bittorrent is not working

Originally posted by sabs
Hi you all!
Im new here and I have a big problem. I downloaded Bittorrent 3.1 for Mac OX but it wont work. When ever it starts a download the programs quits and wont say why! And I cant open the prefereces! Can anyone help me!?
thanks
sabs

a) The lastest Version is 3.2.2a (Offical One)
b) What does it say/do before quiting
c) Are you loading a File when it quits?
d) There are non-offical BitTorrent Clients also.

sabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
Re: Re: bittorrent is not working

a) The lastest Version is 3.2.2a (Offical One)

I tried it with both the version 3.1 and 3.2 but both dont work.

b) What does it say/do before quiting

When I try to download this happens: the download manager opens and gets the file pretty fast ( 1 minute) . Then the Bittorrent opens and I could see it was going to download the file, but in a sec it quits and the message comes:
The application BitTorrent has unexpectedly quit.
The system and other applications have not been affected

What funny is tha with version 3.1 I can at least open the program( but I cant open the preferences) and in the 3.2 I cant even open it, it quits and the message appears!!!

c) Are you loading a File when it quits?

As I said, I tried, but I dont know bittorent so I dont realy know how it dowload.

d) There are non-offical BitTorrent Clients also

really? And also for mac 09 or x? Wich are they?

Thanks alot for helping me !
xoxo
Sabs

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
I have another question about BitTorrent actually, if someone can answer it on the side...how fast should downloads be? I don't normally get more than about 1 or 2 KB per second, and I'm wondering why not?

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by LimeLite
I have another question about BitTorrent actually, if someone can answer it on the side...how fast should downloads be? I don't normally get more than about 1 or 2 KB per second, and I'm wondering why not?

Well it depends on the file being shared and who is sharing it, on Occasion when the file has recently been put up I get nice downloads.

Yes as sparkley pointed out this is one of the better 'un-offical' clients was where he posted -- I switch off clients.

"When I try to download this happens: the download manager opens and gets the file pretty fast ( 1 minute) . Then the Bittorrent opens and I could see it was going to download the file, but in a sec it quits and the message comes:
"
Well first, Trash IE, it blows.
Second It shouldn't automatticly start up the app.

If you Open the App without the file loaded does it crash also?

I would trash your prefs re-download the app and try the un-offical.

sabs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2003
-Second It shouldn't automatticly start up the app.

what is app... :(

-I would trash your prefs re-download the app and try the un-offical.

I tried it with that vesion too, but nothing, the program wont even open.

thanks for the help and sorry for the many questions
xoxo sachan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.