Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Has anyone noticed on Apple's video tutorial for this week that it says Keynote '08? New iWork and iLife soon, or am I mistaken?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 351

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Goes parallel with my belief though... I think Apple will call the new i-suites "'08" and skip '07 since '07 is more than halfway over already, and I don't think Apple will do another update so quickly in '08. They might release the '08 suites soon, then nothing until MWSF in '09, falling back on the regular schedule.

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Perhaps this could be an accidental leak? I mean if it was a typo then they surely meant Keynote '06, however Apple never refers to the current version of Keynote as '06, it's simply Keynote 3. Do a search on Apple's website and you will see iWork '06 and Keynote 3, never a mix of the two.

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
I'm really looking forward to when Apple starts releasing computer hardware and software again. When I first glanced at the headline, I thought the time had come. Sabr!

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
Well this is very good news. It reminds me of the time Apple accidentally mentioned the 8-core Mac Pro before release.

Also, this suggests that Apple will adjust its branding. Instead of Keynote 4, we'll have Keynote '08. That makes much more sense in my opinion, because it will be clear which version of iWork was purchased.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
Goes parallel with my belief though... I think Apple will call the new i-suites "'08" and skip '07 since '07 is more than halfway over already, and I don't think Apple will do another update so quickly in '08. They might release the '08 suites soon, then nothing until MWSF in '09, falling back on the regular schedule.

Possible and maybe a reason as to why they've been dragging their heels (iPhone is no longer allowed for excuses')

Perhaps this could be an accidental leak? I mean if it was a typo then they surely meant Keynote '06, however Apple never refers to the current version of Keynote as '06, it's simply Keynote 3. Do a search on Apple's website and you will see iWork '06 and Keynote 3, never a mix of the two.

Good point...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'm not sure if it means anything... but it is an odd typo, as mentioned above.

arn

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

If you cannot use the apple remote in keynote then this is a big hint towards an iwork and ilife 08 actually existing.

bryanc

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2003
Fredericton, NB Canada
I'm ready to buy the moment it's released.

I don't really expect anything to become available until after Leopard ships, as I expect Keynote, in particular, and iWork, in general, to be dependent on CoreAnimation and other 'under-the-hood' improvements in OS X 10.5, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I start teaching again in September, and I'd love to be going 'on-stage' with the next generation of presentation software.

Truth be told, no software can make a bad instructor good, but good software can make a good instructor better.

Cheers

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

If you cannot use the apple remote in keynote then this is a big hint towards an iwork and ilife 08 actually existing.

No leads here, the remote functionality is something that's been around in Keynote for...well as long as I've had my MacBooks. On a side note, it's fantastic too. You can scroll through your slide timeline on your main screen using the remote while leaving your regular presentation uninterrupted.

Ireland

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2007
Anyone who believes any of these things are accidental are a lot more naive than I had ever believed. When things are leaked and then the actual product turns up it's obviously no accident.

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
On June 16 (give or take) Apple rolled out their new website. I was at WWDC and I remember one of the apple.com guys saying later in the week that Apple just had given their team an iPhone to test with the day before. The engineer was saying that Apple is super secretive and, oh yeah, Apple's site didn't fully work properly on the iPhone because nobody from the iPhone team told the apple.com team that most mouse events aren't implemented. All this with the iPhone being less than 2 weeks from launch.

My point being that if the apple.com guys know about it, then a launch must be very close indeed.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I love iWork, and I am OK with it being 08 with a late fall/January release as long as Apple is using the extra time to make this suite fast, low bugs, and a huge leap forward.

I'd love to move my whole company over (50+ seats), but iWork 06 is simply not complete and too buggy.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Anyone who believes any of these things are accidental are a lot more naive than I had ever believed. When things are leaked and then the actual product turns up it's obviously no accident.

Yeah, I'm sure a 10 minute mistake on the apple.com/startpage/ was all carefully planned. ;)

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.