Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A Digitimes report claims that Compeq Manufacturing will start producing "rigid-flex printed circuit boards" for Apple iPods starting in August with a ramp up in shipments in September.

No word on which iPod these circuit boards would be for, but the circuit boards are said to be expected to account for 15% of the company's 3rd quarter revenues, up from less than 10%.

Article Link

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
September? But I wanted it now! :( *kicks and screams*

Hopefully these are a new nano or iPhone nano, because I really want a new iPod.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
I don't mind holding out another whole month for a next gen iPod... as long as they roll out those new iMacs in August. :rolleyes:

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
If you combined this technology with OLED screens, would that give you a "rubber" iPod?

Nay, alas.

www.freepatentsonline.com/5262594.html said:
The rigid-flex printed circuit board is capable of withstanding high temperatures experienced in high volume production environments utilizing infrared reflow ovens by providing spacers and covers for protecting the flexible section from high temperatures.

T'would be an interestingly pointless device, though.

All this aside, iPods are way overdue. Let's roll 'em out, boys.

-Clive

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
I had a £54/$100 off voucher from Apple, so I got the 80GB.

I couldn't wait any longer.

Bus journeys without music are not pleasant.

RonJ83

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2004
SiNy
doesnt surprise me that they are holding off on releasing, they will most likely wait until they get rid of as much as they can with their back to school promo before they start releasing the new generation. i was disappointed then i couldnt use my student discount on a new ipod for my mom even though it was free with the rebate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.