Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I put a new hard drive into my macbook, installed it properly as far as I know, but it does not appear in Disk Utility, either from booting from the FireWire copy of the OS, or from the DVD disk utility.

What could be wrong here? It's a SATA drive so there are no jumpers, and I assume it is formatted for windows from the store (its a WD).

All I can think of is that it's not installed right... but I was able to replace the L panel under the battery and put the batter back in properly.

what could be wrong here?

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
UPDATE: Nevermind. Apparently it is QUITE possible to put the drive/tray assembly upside down into the macbook and still be able to close up the cover and battery.

It's working now, I'm an idiot.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
UPDATE: Nevermind. Apparently it is QUITE possible to put the drive/tray assembly upside down into the macbook and still be able to close up the cover and battery.

It's working now, I'm an idiot.

Glad you got it working. That sort of thing always makes my stomach drop and then it turns out to be something simple.

Cheers,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.