Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:33 PM   #1
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger

Wii remote syncing issues

Cursed Wii remote.

Both of them are unsynced and neither one will sync. At all. It's v. annoying.

So, I've been trying to sync them back. I've held down both sync buttons, I've just *pressed* both sync buttons, I've pressed the home button. I've done everything I could think of.

What am I doing wrong? Why won't my wii work? I just bought Big Brain Academy and I wanna play. When the first remote was synced, I couldn't get the 2nd one to, so I couldn't even play with someone else. We had to do marathon mode. Bleh.

Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:49 PM   #2
AppleGuy2
Banned

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion. Heres what you do...atleast it should work cause it always does for me. Unplug your Wii from the wall first, then plug it back in. Thatll essentially reset it. Then take the batteries out of your Wiimote and put them back in. Turn your wii on, push any button on your wiimote and it should do the usual (the blue lights will flash, then the solitary player 1 light will be on) then, if it worked you should be able to hit A and play. If not, repeat both steps, but instead of pushing any button, hit connect on your wii and sync on your wiimote.

The first way i mentioned works everytime for me. I dont know why they do that...i guess they get confused or something.

Edit: also, i was reading about how you were pushing both sync buttons at the same time, dont do that! lol. That will only confuse your wii more. It wont be able to decide which will be the dominant (player 1) wiimote. Just sync one first, start the game into 2p mode, then itll prompt you to connect the 2p wiimote. Connecting a second wiimote will never require you to hit the red sync button...you only need to push 1 and 2 at the same time.

Last edited by AppleGuy2; Aug 3, 2007 at 04:54 PM.
AppleGuy2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:57 PM   #3
Dagless
macrumors Core

I've had this happen once with a controller that gets used on a number of other systems. What I do is take out the batteries and turn the Wii on, put the batteries back in and press A.
If that doesn't work I do the sync buttons method.
Old Aug 4, 2007, 02:08 PM   #4
JackAxe
macrumors 68000

You and your battery voodoo method, that has never worked for me when going between Wiis.

What works for me every time, is to first press the reset button on the Wii, then press the reset button on the Wiimote.

<]=)
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:30 PM   #5
seenew
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to seenew Send a message via MSN to seenew
Yeah, just unplug the system, and it should resync.

For some reason, my remotes always unsync after I play a GCN game on the system. So like, I get done playing Prime 1, and want to go back to the Wii menu, to play some VC games, at least 2/3 times, the remote won't even activate.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games