Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v10rmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
I am brand new to mac as i have always used PC previously i want to use my mac to power my projector and use it to show tv programs from my sky box. I know about slingbox but there must be an easier way to input s video or av signals to my macbook help would be appreciated

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Okay, you can input signals into the MacBook using an EyeTV. They're very good, I don't actually have one, but the people that do say they're great and I've used one on a few occasions. Very flexible.

To output the signal to your projector, you need a mini-DVI > VGA or mini-DVI > DVI adapter from Apple. If your projector has a DVI connection, then I recommend you take advantage of it rather than VGA, as the picture is considerably better.

v10rmc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
thanks but....

everytime i look at things like eye tv the want to use free to air dv signals which i cant recieve will this defo take input from sky

Scralett the link only takes me to the product page no specifics

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
From the ElGato website
EyeTV Hybrid does the work of two EyeTV hardware products for the price of one. It delivers free over-the-air digital TV to your Mac via antenna, as well as analog TV via antenna and standard cable. In “Analog Mode”, EyeTV Hybrid enables you to watch analog TV on your Mac via antenna and standard cable. EyeTV Hybrid also comes with a break-out cable for composite video and S-Video; use it to connect a set top box to receive premium channels, digital cable or satellite (in standard definition).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.