Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Inserted a cd-rw with music i've stored from my PC and nothing happened. Tried all kind of stuff to get the disk out and finally restarting while holding the mouse button down got the disk out. Aren't cd-rw's recognized by the Apple cd drive???

Frank

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
Try repairing permissions

This may sound strange:
I dicked around quite a bit with my new iBook when I got it. What happened: would not recognize CD-RW or CD-R's, clicking on "more info" in About This Mac Window" did nothing, DVD player would not launch whwn DVD inserted. I repaired permissions from the Jaguar CD and it fixed it. On my PowerBook, I was again messing with stuff I should have left alone: same symptoms. This time, repairing permissions did nothing: I had to re-install the OS. Luckily, I back-up apps, documents and prefs every week. because I know myself. Good Luck!

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i used to have problems burning cd-rw's at home on my pc (before i had my quicksilver) and bringing them to school. i always worked on a quicksilver with superdrive running 9.2.1, none of the G4s would recognize them. they did the exact same thing. but when i put them in DV iMacs, the loaded up just fine. i never solved this problem. so if you find an answer to why this happens, please make sure to post.

mm62

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2003
Super Drive Issues

GOD I'M HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM WITH MY G4 867 MHZ. I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG! "Super"Drive my ass.... :confused: :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.