Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:02 PM   #1
GigaWire
macrumors 6502

iTunes Music Store -- Lacking

First of all, i've spent about $80 at the iTMS. I love it. So convenient and integrated with such a great app, it truely is Apple. But for the past several Tuesdays, I don't know, it just seems the new music added seems so lacking. Sort of like a second run bookstore. anyone else feeling this, or does anyone know, interms of contractural limitations, why the store doesn't really have that deep a catalogue?

Regardless, post your comments or iTMS related experiences here.

Or get a G5
GigaWire is offline   0
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:06 PM   #2
mnkeybsness
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to mnkeybsness
new music tuesdays are part of the record industry. every store like best buy, circuit city, anywhere that sells music, releases all the NEW releases on tuesdays. apple really only features the brand new music that is given to them. i think what you are looking for is just more selection, whether it be brand new, or just new the the ITMS.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:58 PM   #3
idea_hamster
macrumors 65816

As another fan of the iTMS, I admit that the new-car-smell has dissipated a bit, so sometimes it seems that a week goes by and iTMS is just ho-hum -- nothing I'm really interested in. But I think that was bound to happen.

However, with the addition of more indie productions, I'm looking forward to an increase in good stuff...Mmmm...indies. And I credit this to a combination of good DRM and the new-found enthusiasm for pursuing black- and grey-market file sharing.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion