Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2001
First of all, i've spent about $80 at the iTMS. I love it. So convenient and integrated with such a great app, it truely is Apple. But for the past several Tuesdays, I don't know, it just seems the new music added seems so lacking. Sort of like a second run bookstore. anyone else feeling this, or does anyone know, interms of contractural limitations, why the store doesn't really have that deep a catalogue?

Regardless, post your comments or iTMS related experiences here.

Or get a G5

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
new music tuesdays are part of the record industry. every store like best buy, circuit city, anywhere that sells music, releases all the NEW releases on tuesdays. apple really only features the brand new music that is given to them. i think what you are looking for is just more selection, whether it be brand new, or just new the the ITMS.

idea_hamster

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2003
NYC, or thereabouts
As another fan of the iTMS, I admit that the new-car-smell has dissipated a bit, so sometimes it seems that a week goes by and iTMS is just ho-hum -- nothing I'm really interested in. But I think that was bound to happen.

However, with the addition of more indie productions, I'm looking forward to an increase in good stuff...Mmmm...indies. And I credit this to a combination of good DRM and the new-found enthusiasm for pursuing black- and grey-market file sharing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.