Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has issues a few software updates yesterday and today, including updates for the newly released iMacs. Use Software Update or visit the download pages.

Aperture 1.5.4 Update: required for compatibility with iLife '08. This update is recommended for all Aperture users. (download page)

Front Row 1.3.1: provides for improved iPhoto compatibility. (download page)

iPhoto 7.0.1: addresses issues associated with publishing photos from an upgraded library to .Mac Web Gallery. (download page)

iMac Software Update 1.0: provides important bug fixes and is recommended for 20-inch and 24-inch iMac models with 2.0, 2.4, or 2.8GHz processors. (download page)

Mac Pro SMC Firmware Update 1.1: The SMC Firmware Update adjusts fan behavior in the Mac Pro. After this update has completed successfully, your SMC Version will be 1.7f10 (Mac Pro), 1.5f3 (Mac Pro 8-core). (download page)

Article Link

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Boot Camp 1.4 beta: contains several updates and is intended for all new and previous Boot Camp beta users. (download page)

Boot Camp 1.4 beta includes:
  • Support for keyboard backlighting (MacBook Pro only)
  • Apple Remote pairing
  • Updated graphics drivers
  • Improved Boot Camp driver installer
  • Improved international keyboard support
  • Localization fixes
  • Updated Windows Help for Boot Camp

Rocketman

macrumors 603
It seems unusual that the iMac software update is released basicly within a day of the release of the hardware. Ususally they wait until they get a week or so of consumer feedback, don't they?

On iPhone they waited about 2 weeks and did both a firmware and software update.

Rocketman

I prefer Q's prior avatar. My favorite Q is a character on ST-TNG.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
i'm not surprised to see updates right after they released so much stuff. i didn't realize the mac pro update, so i guess i better go update mine :)

Soba

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2003
Rochester, NY
It seems unusual that the iMac software update is released basicly within a day of the release of the hardware. Ususally they wait until they get a week or so of consumer feedback, don't they?

I believe this was released (at least in part) to address a bug that World of Warcraft users found on the new iMacs. There were very strange problems with the video in certain locations in the game and it wasn't a game bug. Blizzard took it up with Apple almost instantly, and people who installed this update reported that the bug went away.

Though I think there are still other bugs. :p

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Thats good they updated iPhoto '06 for the web gallery thing. I was really ticked off when it seemed you would have to buy iLife '08 to use it.

Edit: Never mind Apples still a bunch of jerks, no Web Gallery for me.

Rom Rim

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2007
Woof woof.
I'm glad they didn't restore features from iMovie 6. People don't have a right to that functionality in a program that costs less than $16. Those who are complaining are undermining the best interests of Apple! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.