Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jota73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
South America
Guys,

Does anyone knows if Ilife can be purchased and be downloaded instead of having the hard copy of it?

thanks
Juan

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I am pretty sure it would be a huge download, with all of the extra stuff in GB an iMovie. If it was able to be easily downloaded, I thin it would run on hardware older than two years. :D

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
It would be a 3GB download. It is also not an option on the apple store.

Apple.com said:
• Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 processor; iMovie requires a Mac with an Intel processor, a Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0GHz or faster), or an iMac G5 (1.9GHz or faster; iDVD requires a 733MHz or faster processor.
• 512MB of RAM; 1GB recommended
• Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
• 3GB of available disk space
• DVD drive for installation
• QuickTime 7.2 or later

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
If you already had 06 though it only requires an additional 1.8gb of disk space I believe it said when I installed mine. Still, would be a rather large download, even from a very fast server.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I am pretty sure it would be a huge download, with all of the extra stuff in GB an iMovie. If it was able to be easily downloaded, I thin it would run on hardware older than two years. :D

Not sure size is a limiting factor nowadays. I downloaded CS3 Web Premium, and that totaled over 6GB directly from Adobe.

I'm sure Apple could do it if they wanted to, they obviously like to get people into an Apple store to buy iLife and poke around for a new machine :D

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.