Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:09 PM   #1
Chealion
macrumors regular

Panter 7B21 and PB Batteries

On hardmac, there is a snippet saying that with 7B21 the battery life is running a normal 6-7 hours with a G4 550.

I thought Apple said these had 4 hour battery lives, and that was in optimum conditions, and most people would only find 2-3 hours of battery life when working with it.

Can someone clear up my confusion?

And has Apple included "stuff" into Panther to increase battery life (eg. added software to tell the hardware to consume less power?)
Old Aug 1, 2003, 03:31 PM   #2
janey
macrumors 603

hmm with 7b21, i noticed that my battery is lasting WAAAAYYYYY longer than it ever did with either 7a202 or 10.2. I thought the five hours remaining on 97% charge was impossible, especially since i never got more than 4 hours on a 100% charge while using AirPort in Jaguar. I'm really surprised. The battery wouldn't have lasted 3 hours with 7a202 with all the stuff I was doing.

edit: i haven't installed 7b21 on my powerbook yet, so i dunno about the pb battery.

janey is offline   0
Old Aug 1, 2003, 05:23 PM   #3
Wes
macrumors 68020

Send a message via ICQ to Wes Send a message via AIM to Wes Send a message via MSN to Wes Send a message via Yahoo to Wes
Quote:
Originally posted by übergeek
hmm with 7b21, i noticed that my battery is lasting WAAAAYYYYY longer than it ever did with either 7a202 or 10.2. I thought the five hours remaining on 97% charge was impossible, especially since i never got more than 4 hours on a 100% charge while using AirPort in Jaguar. I'm really surprised. The battery wouldn't have lasted 3 hours with 7a202 with all the stuff I was doing.

edit: i haven't installed 7b21 on my powerbook yet, so i dunno about the pb battery.
On my graphite 366 I recently bought a new battery, even though it occasionally gives an error (392848 hours of battery life), when it fixes itself, it says about 4 hours 30 Mins of battery.
Wes is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers