Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 10, 2007, 01:15 AM   #1
poppe
macrumors 68020

iPhone Charger Not Supported by iPhone?.....

Well I knew it had to happen sooner or later. My luck with Macs is bad and my luck with customer service (and yes I am nice to them) is even worse.

My iPhone tonight, as I laid myself down to sleep, decided not to charge. In fact I first plugged it in to my computer and the MBP read something along the lines of: The device plugged in to the USB port is not regulated for this power. This USB device will be disabled.

I unplugged it and plugged my iPhone into the wall charger. Nothing. After about a minute of plugging back in and and out to see if something wasn't connecting I got the generic message about turning on Airplane mode.

I doubt any one has had this problem, but if you have or have heard of someone having it, please chime in and tell me if you found a solution.

Tomorrow I will take it to the apple store. Tomorrow will be the 3rd time taking the phone back
Old Aug 10, 2007, 02:35 AM   #2
Joshua8o8
macrumors 6502

i had a charger related issue recently... I was at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii for the past week. The night i got there i used my phone pretty heavily before going to sleep thinking i could always charge when im done... but as i would soon find out for some reason my phone would not charge no matter how many working outlets i tried. I have used the same charger to charge my iphone about everyother day since i got the phone on june 29th. But as soon as i got home today i plugged it in and it charged just fine. very weird. I dont know if the charger does not liked to be plugged directly into the wall, because i have a Monster surge protector at my house. I called apple care and they said that it should work directly from the outlet. Now my problem is that i cannot get itunes to recognize my iphone and i dont know how to restore it. If anyone could help me with that problem i would appreciate it!
Joshua8o8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 03:21 AM   #3
poppe
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua8o8 View Post
i had a charger related issue recently... I was at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island of Hawaii for the past week. The night i got there i used my phone pretty heavily before going to sleep thinking i could always charge when im done... but as i would soon find out for some reason my phone would not charge no matter how many working outlets i tried. I have used the same charger to charge my iphone about everyother day since i got the phone on june 29th. But as soon as i got home today i plugged it in and it charged just fine. very weird. I dont know if the charger does not liked to be plugged directly into the wall, because i have a Monster surge protector at my house. I called apple care and they said that it should work directly from the outlet. Now my problem is that i cannot get itunes to recognize my iphone and i dont know how to restore it. If anyone could help me with that problem i would appreciate it!
That sounds like my problem... sucks to be us, but at least we aren't alone...
Old Aug 10, 2007, 03:29 AM   #4
Joshua8o8
macrumors 6502

call up apple. They sent me a replacement charger because they told me the outlet has nothing to do with it and that they are having a lot of problems with their chargers. They are going to mail it to me so if getting to an apple store is a problem for you, you dont have to worry.
Joshua8o8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting