Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msharp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Well, it could have been posted before, but I just would like to notify everyone here, about the hidden fees in AT&T!

I've just purchased iPhone with the $59.99 plan in an AT&T store couple of days ago, and I've just logged on my account on AT&T wireless website to explore something interesting (this is the first time I use AT&T).

Big surprise! My plan was changed to the $79.99 plan! And even added an $7.99 feature for 7pm/7am night weekend call.

Well, it could be good features, but why would AT&T add that for me WITHOUT my awareness?

After several hours of phone calls they changed everything back to normal --- except for the bills this month --- I have to pay for them, still.

And, I have to add that the customer service hotline is HORRIBLE because every time I call I'll have to wait up to ten minutes, and they'll transfer my call to some other department and make me waiting for another ten minutes.

I just can't believe such an excellent product is bound to such a **** carrier.

So, everyone who purchased AT&T for the first time, make sure to log on to your account on their website to check everything.

fart

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
The Nation's Fartland
Here's hoping for a GPhone....

all cell carriers are greedy and/or unpleasant to deal with. As much as I love my iPhone, I'd flush it down the toilet for a google phone. Then I'd fart on it.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
All four major cell phone carriers are able to treat customers like crap without fear of repercussion. One and two-year contracts prevent people from moving to other carriers and even if you could move, the other companies are just as bad. But until customers do something drastic, nothing is going to change, short of federal legislation.

The Prise

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2007
sounds like you are forgetting the $20 for the data plan.

and there is not going to be a gphone. get over it.

fart

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
The Nation's Fartland
and there is not going to be a gphone. get over it.

sorry, didn't realize we had someone from the future on this forum. Quite a few of us here the the present have gathered from news articles, the fact that google has put up over 4 billion dollars for a chunk of airwaves that would be prime for voice/data, and that google has confirmed it themselves (http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/15/google-exec-confirms-phone-in-the-labs/) that google might possibly be doing something in that market.

but we obviously don't have your future knowledge.

sorry mr. futureman smartass sir!

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070802-not-one-gphone-but-many-in-the-works-report.html

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/...=0d0fa453-8a22-4dd0-b244-53f03146da8e&k=11216

JC4

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2006
Columbus, OH
Just got my second statement/bill. 59+taxes, that's it. They even put in the credit for the activation fee they promised, since my activation didn't go very well. So my second bill is under $40! Exactly what I ordered.

Sorry you're got screwed up. I'm sure a simple phone call will fix it. I was VERY pleased with AT&T's customer service when I had to call them on opening weekend. I was able to get a person on the phone in under 5 minutes, even with the insane volume I'm sure they had that weekend.. I've never had Sprint or Verizon give service like AT&T.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Just got my second statement/bill. 59+taxes, that's it. They even put in the credit for the activation fee they promised, since my activation didn't go very well. So my second bill is under $40! Exactly what I ordered.

I also have a good AT&T story. After switching my account from my RAZR to my iPhone, my wireless bill dropped from about $101/month to about $96/month.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I just got my first bill since getting the iPhone; was previous ATT customer. They got it just right.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
I just got my first bill since getting the iPhone; was previous ATT customer. They got it just right.

Yeah, no problems here either, people just like to whine about whatever they can.

Actually I SAVE $10 a month since iPhone came out because the data rate is cheaper than other unlimited PDA plans. :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Not only was my bill correct but I was impressed with the explanation of how they prorated the fees for the 2 days of iPhone use in June and for the previously prepaid July fees from old plan.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Yeah, no problems here either, people just like to whine about whatever they can.
Um, or maybe just because you didn't experience problems, doesn't mean that others haven't? Example? I'm sure someone out there had NO issues w/ activation whereas others certainly had a difficult time (release weekend

My contract ended w/ Verizon in August and I just activated the iPhone on Monday. No real issues except when I wanted to give AT&T money (as in, add a feature to my plan) I used their internet chat (as the site directed me to) and was told after quite some time that I'd have to phone in instead. :rolleyes:

When I phone in, was put on hold for awhile and then the CSR just kept repeating what the feature is called as opposed to answering my question: what that feature entailed. :p

Anyhow, we finally got on the same page... But I guess I'll see how I feel when I get my first and then second bill.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Not only was my bill correct but I was impressed with the explanation of how they prorated the fees for the 2 days of iPhone use in June and for the previously prepaid July fees from old plan.

Haven't gotten to find out why I wasn't credited with a prorated portion for my rollover minutes for those couple of days. Not much I know, but why should they benefit? Like most ATT users I will probably leave minutes on the table as the rollovers start to expire.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.