Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Aug 14, 2007, 01:12 PM   #1
HaroldC
macrumors regular

Cyberduck problems .....

I've been using CyberDuck for some time now and I've run into intermittent problems. I updated to the latest version and now cannot upload my new site, which is larger than before. I also tried reverting back to an older copy and it's no good. It seems as though there is a file limit that CyberDuck can handle, but I cannot reduce my file sizes.

My question is this: What program can handle to larger files and is fairly consistent?

TIA!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Cromulent
macrumors 603

What size files are we talking about here?

I doubt it is a limitation imposed by Cyberduck, it would more likely be something imposed by the FTP server you are using. Either that or a problem with your connection timing out.

Can you give any more details about the exact problem you are having?
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 02:29 PM   #3
HaroldC
macrumors regular

I'm uploading a 41 mb folder. I've been able to do smaller ones in the past, but now that the folder size is above ~40mb I have had problems.

CyberDuck displays an error with uploading the folder. I don't have a screenshot, but will get one the next time attempt I run it. But CD does show that it attempted to upload 35.9mb of 35.6mb. Is this right?

Thanks for all your help!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 02:39 PM   #4
Cromulent
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
I'm uploading a 41 mb folder. I've been able to do smaller ones in the past, but now that the folder size is above ~40mb I have had problems.

CyberDuck displays an error with uploading the folder. I don't have a screenshot, but will get one the next time attempt I run it. But CD does show that it attempted to upload 35.9mb of 35.6mb. Is this right?

Thanks for all your help!
Without the actual error message Cyberduck displays I can't help you. Post a screenshot or just type out what it says and I'll see if I can think of anything.
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 03:36 PM   #5
HaroldC
macrumors regular

Just ran CD and here's the error:

And I tried uploading a smaller folder..... and it worked!

Any ideas?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 05:55 PM   #6
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

Don't know that it'll help you with your situation, but for what it's worth I use Fugu to do my file transfers.

http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/fugu/
angelwatt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:20 PM   #7
Cabbit
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldC View Post
Just ran CD and here's the error:

And I tried uploading a smaller folder..... and it worked!

Any ideas?
i had a lot of problems with cyberduck with this type of problem after using the program for a wile, got fed up of it and downloaded transmit, havent looked back.
Cabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development