Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afromanbob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
So I just got my iPhone two days ago and tried updating it tonight. While I was updating it, it stopped halfway through and said there was "an unknown error." Now I can't do anything with my iPhone. All I can do is turn it on and see the apple logo on a black screen and reset it using the home button and the power button... that's it. At this rate, I'll be taking it back to the apple store tomorrow morning unless you guys can help me fix it.

Also, I think I my battery may be bad. When charging, it takes well over 5 hours to get to a full charge and the big battery picture the screen shows when charging always has a little gap, it never glows full.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

stantrb

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2007
Taking it back for an exchange is going to be much better than most of your alternatives.

Stan

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Hold the home AND screen lock button for 25 seconds or so. A "Connect to iTunes" screen will display, doing so will restore the phone.

The iPhone charges like any modern day electronic gadget. It charger fast to get near full, then goes into a trickle charge mode so the last portion takes a longer time to charge relative to the rest.

Read below for some battery info:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.