Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukemontague

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I've just started playing round with the new iMovie, however it doesn't seem to want to import any of my videos. they're all taken on various sony cybershot cameras, so they're not in any strange format (just mpeg1). they imported fine into '06 and they all play in quicktime.

does anyone know how I could..
- import these mpeg1 videos into iMovie '08 somehow
or
- easily convert them all in batch to mpeg4, which iMovie apparently likes

cheers :)

Benedictus-x

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2007
The Port!
i had a problem like that only quicktime wouldnt even play my multiplexed mpeg 1/2 and it was a massive file.

i used iSquint then went to"optimise for tv" so you can still have it good qualitu and use the h.264 codec

ztark

macrumors member
May 25, 2007
download steamclip from http://www.squared5.com (free). Select batch list from the menu. Place all of the video's from iphoto that you want to transfer in the list then convert them to AVI, DV or MP4 format. I would direct the program to save your new files to a specified folder on your hard drive. After the clips have been converted, select import from the main imovie menu or simply place the new movies back into your iphoto library. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.