Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is reportedly working on expanding their international presence with new Apple Stores in a number of countries.

TheRegister.co.uk reported that Apple Australia has begun recruiting staff for a new store in Sydney's central George Street. Meanwhile Apple UK is recruiting for staff in stores in Milton Keynes Central shopping mall; Solihull; Exeter's Princesshay centre; Brighton's Church Hill Square; Reading's The Oracle site; Glasgow's Buchanan Street; and Essex's Lakeside shopping centre.

Meanwhile Appleinsider reports that Apple is planning a "double-decker flagship" store in Montreal, Canada. The new store will be located at 1321 Ste-Catherine Ouest (location photos) in Montreal's shopping district.

Article Link

Patch^

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
We need one in Bournemouth UK, the media school, art institute and many design and media business runs on macs in the area, I think it would do well if Bournemouth had one, there is a couple Apple resellers, but an official Apple store would be better.

But the news of more Apple stores in the UK and worldwide is good!!

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Cool, so Toronto and Montreal are covered...

Bring on Ottawa!

(And bring on iTunes TV shows and movies, while we're at it...!)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Cool, so Toronto and Montreal are covered...

Bring on Ottawa!

Nah, time for a west coast store first. :p ;) Bring one to Vancouver or Calgary, that would be excellent... :cool:

Ottawa would be a great future location though as well. I really enjoyed it when I used to live there.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
I'm surprised they're going for Lakeside as well (in the UK), especially as Apple have the store in Bluewater, just on the other side of the Thames. Unless they can get a much bigger site at Lakeside and they'll close the Bluewater store.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Nah, time for a west coast store first. :p ;) Bring one to Vancouver or Calgary, that would be excellent... :cool:

Ottawa would be a great future location though as well. I really enjoyed it when I used to live there.
Sorry Shard but I've got to say it, in terms of retail space, the prices in Ottawa look way more reasonable than Vancouver/Calgary! ;)

oh, I almost forgot to say it: Way to go Montreal!

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
I thought they were planning on bringing one to Calgary in Chinook shopping centre. It has the 3rd largest revenue of any mall in Canada, with the first 2 being in Toronto. Montreal makes no sense.

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
that is a bit strange, maybe there isn't enough irish buyers? I certainly would have thought Ireland would have had one....

Theres plenty of buyurs. Dublin city is full of Apple users and I cant understand why they dont have a store yet. Not even 1. I'd expect that in Dublin anyway but Apple must have other ideas. Boo to them

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Sorry Shard but I've got to say it, in terms of retail space, the prices in Ottawa look way more reasonable than Vancouver/Calgary! ;)

Oh for sure, in terms of cost, you definitely don't want to be buying anything in Vancouver or Calgary right now! :eek: But it's Apple's money, not mine, so I say go for it. :D :cool:

Guigue

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2005
I thought they were planning on bringing one to Calgary in Chinook shopping centre. It has the 3rd largest revenue of any mall in Canada, with the first 2 being in Toronto. Montreal makes no sense.

The Montreal store wouldn't even be in a mall. And Montreal is still a bigger city than Calgary

Antares

macrumors 68000
that is a bit strange, maybe there isn't enough irish buyers? I certainly would have thought Ireland would have had one....

Perhaps this is a similar to other manufacturers. Like in Indonesia...where people work in a Nike plant but can't afford to buy the shoes that they, themselves, manufacture. Or like the Island of Fiji. Where something like 35% of the population doesn't have access to clean drinking water yet entire villages may work at the Fiji Water bottling plant. Perhaps its a similar situation in Ireland..... ;)

flipperman75

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
Saint Catherine's Quest?

The store in Montreal will be on Rue Ste-Catherine Ouest (French for West Saint Catherine Street), not Quest.

dAlen

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2006
Hmmm...apple store Hungary would be useful.
They have two 'apple' stores, but not the 'real' deal in Budapest.

Better yet, itunes availability in Hungary would be cool - the country is in the E.U. but you sure couldnt tell. :)

Peace

dAlen

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Perhaps this is a similar to other manufacturers. Like in Indonesia...where people work in a Nike plant but can't afford to buy the shoes that they, themselves, manufacture. Or like the Island of Fiji. Where something like 35% of the population doesn't have access to clean drinking water yet entire villages may work at the Fiji Water bottling plant. Perhaps its a similar situation in Ireland.....

what...?

RichardI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2007
Southern Ontario, Canada
Apple certainly do things differently. A flagship store in Montreal?:confused:
With the totalitarian language laws in Quebec, I guess it will have to say "Pomme" on the sign, or they could just use :apple: ;).
I wonder how you say flagship in French? :D

Rich :cool:

Guigue

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2005
Apple certainly do things differently. A flagship store in Montreal?:confused:
With the totalitarian language laws in Quebec, I guess it will have to say "Pomme" on the sign, or they could just use :apple: ;).
I wonder how you say flagship in French? :D

Rich :cool:

Yeah, it's totally totalitarian here. That's why we have no big companies at all.

Wal-Mart couldn't even figure how to translate their name. We still mostly use a barter system, it's simpler

boxlight

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2006
Apple is planning a "double-decker flagship" store in Montreal, Canada.

Nice, but can be have a regular old mall store in Ottawa, please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.