Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

II HOOK II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
:( I have had my imac Power Pc G5 for over 1 year and my screen has started going off colour, as a photographer this is a big problem that i need to resolve fast... Can anyone help?

The screen goes fuzzy (like interference) then it goes a light tint of blue, sometimes it reverts back to normal after a few mins but most of the time it stays blue for ages the sometimes goes red. I have been told to take the back off and hoover it out (so to speak) but this does not seem to resolve the problem. It is out of warranty and to get :apple:apple out it will cost me £95 for them to even look at it (not including fixing the problem) I have thought it may be a graphics card problem but do not want to buy a new card to find out i have wasted my money and he problem is still there.

I have looked on the forums but have not seen anything similar to what i am experiencing, has anyone else had this type of problem??? As i said i need this sorting asap.

Oh and I am using OS X 10.4.10 and calibrating the screen does not solve the problem, it just alters the tone of the tint

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT...

Cheers.

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
What version of G5 iMac do you have? It sounds like part of the video signal isn't making it to your display. In your position I would try to obtain the service manual for your particular iMac and then re-seat the display cables.

II HOOK II

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
My imac is 2 GHz Power Pc G5, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, I will have a look on the net for a service manual now. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.