Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 6, 2003, 09:45 AM   #1
JBBoxT
macrumors newbie

Imac Rendering LCD Screen has no shut off

my imac 17 1ghz osx 10.26 cant have the lcd display sleep while rendering in imovie or final cut pro 4. i have it set to one min but i guess it realizes the computer is in use as it is rendering, i tried getting a black screensaver but the screen is still on even though its dark and i heard it can still affect the life of the display, so anyone have any way to be able to shut off the screen while rendering?

Thanks
JBBoxT is offline   0
Old Aug 7, 2003, 02:24 PM   #2
will_henderson
macrumors newbie

I seem to remember dimming mine and throwing a shirt over it. Under OS 9, there was a cool utility called Sleeper that let you turn off the display on demand, but as far as I know, no similar utility exists for OS X. Let me know if you find anything. You might also try Lights Out , which I haven't tried, but it may do the trick. Hope that helps,

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers