Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Anyone know how long it takes Mozy to send you a link so you can download your files? I ordered it over 3.5 hours ago and it shows up as still pending. It's only 125 mb. Grrr.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, as I don't use Mozy, but... :eek:

Is this your first time using the restore feature? It sounds like an interesting service, although your experience right now makes it sound less than ideal.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
They also have a built in restore option, that I have used in the past. But Mozy was crashing extremely often so i uninstalled and reinstalled it, and now it doesn't (for some reason) know that I have done backups previously with it. So that avenue wasn't an option.

I'll let you know how long it takes.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
STILL not done!

I can't believe it. I did this request 16 hours ago, and according to Mozy it's only currently "built" 260 out of the 1115 files.

This is ridiculous. These files are NOT big, average around 110 kilobytes each. They are just sent messages from Mail.app, mostly just text!

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I have restored via the actual Mozy program, but again, I am having problems with it too.

I just cancelled the restore because i can just get them faster off of gmail. I resubmitted a restore for the 20 latest sent emails since those aren't affiliated with gmail. We'll see.

Edit: Interesting. The restore link came immediately. I put in another restore for the whole batch, and after 2 minutes it was already up to 300 "built". Definitely more of what i expected. I wonder what was wrong that first time...

Edit 2: Sweet, got the link via email! Took only about 12 minutes this time, total!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.