Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lem0nayde

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
NYC
Just ordered my G5 from Apple. I've never ordered directly from them before. Does anyone know if they have a habit of overestimating their time of delivery - or should I really expect my G5 in October?

I'll wait...but man that's anticlimactic.

Joe

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
yes they mean it ask all the 17" powerbook pre-oder people... you should assume they do at he very least so if it does come early you'll be surprised.

rundevilrun

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2002
I have a feeling that the G5's will start shipping as soon as 10.2.7 goes gold. IIRC the 17" powerbooks started shipping when 10.2.5 (?) went gold and I got mine a week earlier than the est. date.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
Just imagine if Apple posted pre-orders for G5 PowerBooks..."Please allow 24-50 weeks delivery" :D

the problem is that even if they said that people would be like I PAID 3K SEND ME MY POWERBOOK even with that long of wait....

kenyabob

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2003
San Francisco
But wont retailers also recieve the g5. I mean, cant I go to frys in late september, buy the thing, and then cancel my order? Or are you telling me that the g5 will be SO hot that there wont be a single one to be had except then one I will wait for on the shipping list the length of the kentucky?

minimecpy

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2003
The 17" PowerBook G4 shipped with a different version of Mac OS X 10.2.3, that allowed things like the illuminated keyboard, from what I remember. I hope they can get these things out the door in mass numbers sooner, but I think it'll turn out to be 7-10 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.