Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
This is crazy. There's this girl at school who's totally hot, and totally an awesome person (those two don't always go together, as I have found out). She's like the girl who every guy in the school wants to go out with. Well, I just asked her out and she didn't reject me. :eek:

Firstly, I'm amazed that I was able to ask a girl out without the help of my friends here on MR, but also the fact that a computer nerd was able to ask the coolest girl in school out on a date, and not get totally shot down is amazing!

In other news, the universe has collapsed!

Edit: I should add that while she didn't say "yes", it seems like she's thinking it.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Good one, congrats :D

And there I was thinking that it was going to be a "OMFG I got WoW to work on my iPhone" post.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
There you go!

Hey, nothing is impossible! For instance,I totally love to say this: my girlfriend broke up with her rich fighter pilot to go out with me. :cool:

Photographers rule! :D

Keep us informed.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Rock it out, man.

I never understood the intimidation by attractive people. They're just normal people. Take a deep breath, and go for it! If they say no, they say no. Fish in the sea, and all.

Then again, I picked up the cute clerk at GameCrazy like that... Hehehe. (four months and going. :) )

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
yesssss, installment number two of what is now the ghall saga. im sure everyone would agree that we've been waiting for this forever.' :D

Well, this is a different girl. I've actually had a crush on this girl since the ninth grade, so I guess there's something to be said for patience.

So, I'll let you all know how it goes. She's invited me to see her at some fashion show she's in, and she hinted that that's when she'll give me her answer. The suspense is killing me.

Geez, it's not like I asked her to marry me, but it sure feels like it. :eek:

nickster9224

macrumors 6502a
Well, this is a different girl. I've actually had a crush on this girl since the ninth grade, so I guess there's something to be said for patience.

So, I'll let you all know how it goes. She's invited me to see her at some fashion show she's in, and she hinted that that's when she'll give me her answer. The suspense is killing me.

Geez, it's not like I asked her to marry me, but it sure feels like it. :eek:

not yet atleast. this is the first step in the baby making process

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
Edit: I should add that while she didn't say "yes", it seems like she's thinking it.

My good sir, I hope only the best for you and all success, but in my experiences "I'll think about it" is a very polite "no". I do hope that I am wrong my good man, and if I am unfortunately correct, I hope, sir, that this will provide you with confidence.

Nerds need not be outcasts, sir, and I wish you all the best.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
My good sir, I hope only the best for you and all success, but in my experiences "I'll think about it" is a very polite "no". I do hope that I am wrong my good man, and if I am unfortunately correct, I hope, sir, that this will provide you with confidence.

Nerds need not be outcasts, sir, and I wish you all the best.

That thought had crossed my mind. But I like to think positive. I can worry about her saying no when it happens, until then, I shall remain optimistic.

Oh poo. Just when I thought things couldn't get any crazier. I now have another girl from school flirting with me over Facebook. :eek:

What's happened all of a sudden? Hold on, I think I need to splash some water over myself to wake up. I think I might be dreaming, or hallucinating, or something.

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
Oh poo. Just when I thought things couldn't get any crazier. I now have another girl from school flirting with me over Facebook. :eek:

What's happened all of a sudden? Hold on, I think I need to splash some water over myself to wake up. I think I might be dreaming, or hallucinating, or something.

A little something from the dictionary:

polygamy |pəˈligəmē|
noun
1 the practice or custom of having more than one wife or husband at the same time.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island

polygamy |pəˈligəmē|
noun
1 the practice or custom of having more than one wife or husband at the same time.

Nah I'm good. The girl I asked out's old boyfriend cheated on her, and that's why they broke up. I wouldn't dream of doing that to her, but at least I have a backup! ;)

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Maybe it's her or one of her friends just to see how you react... Women are mean, you know :p

Edit: If her former boyfriend cheated on her, I'd find logic she wants to test you.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005

polygamy |p??lig?m?|
noun

If you do this, I guarantee you'll end up slapped, have a drink thrown in your lap, and a possible tire slashing.

Girls are vengeful, angry creatures. I should know, I am one. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.