Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Aug 7, 2003, 05:24 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Mac.Ars discusses Apple/BestBuy and iTunes/Piracy

Category: Opinion and Speculation
Link: Mac.Ars discusses Apple/BestBuy and iTunes/Piracy

Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by arn
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Aug 7, 2003, 05:51 AM   #2
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
I can't say I find this new ars column all that wonderful.

It doesn't seem particularly interesting yet. A rehash of the week's news so far.

I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Opinions?

arn
arn is offline   0
Old Aug 7, 2003, 07:56 AM   #3
pretentious
macrumors regular

It wasn't that great but I think I'll keep on in checking each week, so it could get better, it is Ars after all.

What I want to know is why do we always try to gage the sells-men? You know you do it, I think every Machead does it at on point or another.
It's like we want to hear their Apple-ignorant answers, just so we can feel the pain of knowing that anyone who will want to buy a Mac from these people, will be told wrong and be put off from ever buying a Mac.
Then you try to correct them, but then you know they don't care, they don't, your just another Mac-looney to them, who won't just buy the damn Compaq, which they just 'know' is so much better, I mean it plays all there games and other stuff they downloaded from Kazaa...

It hurts, but I still do it.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 11:48 AM   #4
Jerry Spoon
macrumors 6502a

I can't blame Best Buy for not pushing the Performas when they were around. I'm sorry, but I thought those computers were junk. They remind me of the cheapo pc's that you see at the retail places now.
I'm hoping that Apple will be successful at Best Buy this time b/c Apple, their products and software, have evolved so much since they were in a major chain (besides comp usa). I think there is a much more positive feeling about the mac among pc users, not all, but many more than in the past. I could be wrong or maybe I'm just running into the right people lately, but I think the timing is right to try this. It might not work out, but I don't think there was a better time to try.
Jerry Spoon is offline   0
Old Aug 7, 2003, 04:12 PM   #5
x-virge
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by arn
I can't say I find this new ars column all that wonderful.

It doesn't seem particularly interesting yet. A rehash of the week's news so far.

I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Opinions?

arn
I think that Mac.Ars is targetted at people who don't spend their days on all the various Mac news sites.
x-virge is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion