Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Aug 21, 2007, 09:43 PM   #1
micvog
macrumors 6502

Help finding free "enclosed letter" font

I am trying to find a free "enclosed letter" font for use in a wedding bulletin (to indicate where the pastor, congregation, bride and groom speak using 'P', 'C', 'B' and 'G'). By "enclosed letter" I mean where the character is inversed against a rounded-rectangle; Mac OS X includes a font similar to this for numbers. I am looking for letters.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I checked the guides for free fonts and was not able to find something like this.
micvog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 09:54 PM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Do you have a sample of this at all? I'm confused.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:00 PM   #3
micvog
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Do you have a sample of this at all? I'm confused.
Thanks Jessica. I have attached a sample (see the "P" and "C" on the left).
Attached Images

Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:08 PM   #4
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Oh, gosh google is not my friend on this one. Have you tried What the Font? Sometimes it is helpful.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:10 PM   #5
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

By the way I did it and it worked out quite well. Try it because it won't let me post the results url here.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:12 PM   #6
Aperture
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Aperture
Maybe something like this?
Aperture is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Ish
macrumors 68000

If you go to Character palette > Symbols - under there you'll find Enclosed Letters. Scroll past all the oriental enclosed letters and you'll find what you want. There's a selection of fonts as enclosed letters.
Ish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 02:01 PM   #8
micvog
macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If you go to Character palette > Symbols - under there you'll find Enclosed Letters. Scroll past all the oriental enclosed letters and you'll find what you want. There's a selection of fonts as enclosed letters.
Is that dependent on the fonts I have installed? I tried searching the Character palette but only found enclosed numbers and enclosed asian characters. I will check again this evening, but the only fonts I have are those that (1) came with Tiger or installed with (2) MS Office 2004 or (3) iWork '08.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 04:16 PM   #9
Ish
macrumors 68000

I'm not sure, I knew I had seen them there and went looking. There's a lot of oriental enclosed letters and you have to scroll past them before coming to the ones you need.Even then a lot of them have oriental names. I'm enclosing a screen shot - hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 11.png
Views:	55
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	83091  
Ish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:01 PM   #10
micvog
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I'm not sure, I knew I had seen them there and went looking. There's a lot of oriental enclosed letters and you have to scroll past them before coming to the ones you need.Even then a lot of them have oriental names. I'm enclosing a screen shot - hope it helps.
Thanks Ish.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics