Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Just thought I would let you know that LimeWire 2.3 was released a few days ago. It has some awesome new features:

- New, Mac OS X look and feel
- A whole lot snappier
- Takes advantage of the G4
- Better all around

You guys should check it out!

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
He used the word snappier! :D

*gets all nostalgic about MacNN*

Dear GOD, I never thought I'd say this...

...but... it really IS Snappier! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Runs well on my macs, only problem I have with it is the banner adverts!

Ensign

My solution to the banners:

Open the statistics window and place it over the banners. I like to see the stats anyway, so this is a great solution.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Limewire 2.3.1 works well on OS X, but I still see room for improvements. If the developers of Limewire could have the option to use a smaller font for those who like using smaller resolution screens, it would make things easier. Also, it seems that in OS X when I get a bundle of results in a search that I want to end immediately, I have to press the button several times. The application flickers for a split second. Third, I would like to have the developers see an option that determines where you can place the search menu. Finally, I would like to see which hosts I am downloading this file called (fill in your favorite file here!), in case there are several hosts with some various files and that host is not working.

Other than that, I will constantly use Limewire. I would like to purchase Limewire PRO, but there are other personal issues at home we have to deal with.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Runs well on my macs, only problem I have with it is the banner adverts!

Ensign

Look at it this way, if they didn't have banner ads to get money then they would starve to death and we wouldn't have limewire.

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
I haven't tried the new limewire but in the old one at least, to get rid of the banner ads, you could just edit the JAR file or edit the banner jpg's themselves... It's open source, so it's not too hard to get rid of the ads...

Anyways, I use iSwipe which is WAY better than LimeWire... Check it out -- Made for Macs Only :) http://homepage.mac.com/hillmanminx/

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
I actually found the full version of Unreal Tournament on there. But the guy that had it was using a 56k modem, and I don't really care about Unreal. Just to let you know, this is way worse than Napster. Instead of just pirated music, it has all sorts of programs and thingys.

(don't steal music) (don't steal programs that you didn't pay for)
;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.