Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Aug 22, 2007, 06:23 PM   #1
Taylor C
macrumors 6502a

If you're looking for an excellent iPhone case..

Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experience with the InCase Leather Fitted Sleeve. Before even getting my iPhone from behind the Apple counter in the store, I immediately went to look at cases. This was my primary concern with the iPhone as with any mobile device (even my MacBook Pro)--I want it to be protected, no matter how robust Apple products are, which I can attest to being a long-time Mac user myself.

Long story short, I initially picked up InCase's rubber cover. It sucked, a lot. Every time I moved my fingers close to the edge of the iPhone's screen they would ever so slightly slide under the loose rubber casing, which just didn't feel sturdy. Needless to say I returned it the next day after reading horrible reviews for the same case online; something I probably should've done more extensively before buying it.

Anyway, InCase usually makes really good products, so I was surprised. A friend of mine loves his InCase Leather sleeve so I figured I'd ask to test those on my phone before buying. Bingo. The leather fitted sleeve is an incredibly robust yet attractive case--the interior is suede, so it's not going to cause any scratches or abrasions. It's sturdy, yet it allows the iPhone to breathe and doesn't smother it completely like the rubber cover.

That being said, I do highly recommend buying the crystal screen film, but every one of my friends that bought an iPhone has one as well. From my experience this doesn't interfere with touch sensitivity, but provides extra peace of mind and scratch protection. The case itself comes in Black, Pink and Brown leather varieties in addition to a canvas option. I opted for the black leather, and couldn't be happier. Easily the best iPhone case out there right now.
Taylor C is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 05:50 PM   #2
dcwckd
macrumors newbie

Sorry to ruin your party, but the Executive OVRMLD by Incipio is esentially the best case out there right now.

It protects alot more of the phone than the other one you mentioned, and has a HARD plastic interior lining and fits like a glove.

Its actually amazing.

http://www.myincipio.com/category/0_...xecutive_case/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor C View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my experience with the InCase Leather Fitted Sleeve. Before even getting my iPhone from behind the Apple counter in the store, I immediately went to look at cases. This was my primary concern with the iPhone as with any mobile device (even my MacBook Pro)--I want it to be protected, no matter how robust Apple products are, which I can attest to being a long-time Mac user myself.

Long story short, I initially picked up InCase's rubber cover. It sucked, a lot. Every time I moved my fingers close to the edge of the iPhone's screen they would ever so slightly slide under the loose rubber casing, which just didn't feel sturdy. Needless to say I returned it the next day after reading horrible reviews for the same case online; something I probably should've done more extensively before buying it.

Anyway, InCase usually makes really good products, so I was surprised. A friend of mine loves his InCase Leather sleeve so I figured I'd ask to test those on my phone before buying. Bingo. The leather fitted sleeve is an incredibly robust yet attractive case--the interior is suede, so it's not going to cause any scratches or abrasions. It's sturdy, yet it allows the iPhone to breathe and doesn't smother it completely like the rubber cover.

That being said, I do highly recommend buying the crystal screen film, but every one of my friends that bought an iPhone has one as well. From my experience this doesn't interfere with touch sensitivity, but provides extra peace of mind and scratch protection. The case itself comes in Black, Pink and Brown leather varieties in addition to a canvas option. I opted for the black leather, and couldn't be happier. Easily the best iPhone case out there right now.
dcwckd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 06:45 PM   #3
b257177
macrumors regular

I'm still running naked and loving it. I did pickup an HTC OEM leather hip case, made for the T-Mobile Dash, for $9. It's leather, plushly lined and fits the iPhone perfectly and is perfect (for me) for times when my iPhone is in iPod mode or I want that hip-attachment look.

Plus, since it's a "Dash" case it's a heckuva lot cheaper than anything branded as "made for iPhone". Granted, it's not the same kind of case being discussed here, but worth a mention.
b257177 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 11:19 PM   #4
machv
macrumors newbie

try Sena case, http://www.senacases.com/Brands/Apple-iPhone-Cases, sturdy and slim.
machv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 01:05 AM   #5
jimbot
macrumors member

blech.. leather is ugly. in fact, all these cases are.
jimbot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories