Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:16 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iResQ iPhone Repair Service

iResQ announced today that they are offering repair services for the iPhone.

Quote:
iPhone repairs will be performed within 24 hours of receipt at the iResQ repair facility in Kansas City and customers are provided with the appropriate shipping materials and pre-paid labels to safely transport the units around the country.
According to the press release, they've already performed repairs on dozens of broken screens. They appear to be offering general repair, battery replacement, screen replacement, and camera removal.

Article Link
MacRumors is offline   0
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:41 AM   #2
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
pricing seems comparable to Apple, as far as I can tell... so not sure if there's a huge advantage to some of the services.

arn
arn is offline   0
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:41 AM   #3
kbrain2929
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to kbrain2929
I bet is . I'd like to know what's going through the head's of Apple employees. Hmmm...
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:34 PM   #4
fixyourthinking
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to fixyourthinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
pricing seems comparable to Apple, as far as I can tell... so not sure if there's a huge advantage to some of the services.

arn

The only uniue service I see is the camera removal.

I would bet that Other World Computing comesout with a bargain battery replacement service soon.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 02:10 PM   #5
TwoSyllables
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post

arn
I called Applecare after I dropped my phone in a puddle the other day to ask how much it would cost to repair if it stopped working. They said it depends, but if it was rendered completely useless by damage, it would cost $200 to replace. This service charges $250 for a screen replacement. I don't see how they're going to get any business except from people who voided their Apple warranty.
TwoSyllables is offline   0
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:39 PM   #6
CJD2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSyllables View Post
I called Applecare after I dropped my phone in a puddle the other day to ask how much it would cost to repair if it stopped working. They said it depends, but if it was rendered completely useless by damage, it would cost $200 to replace. This service charges $250 for a screen replacement. I don't see how they're going to get any business except from people who voided their Apple warranty.
Wow, they will replace it for $200 from water damage? That's a lot better than I assumed. I was a little disappointed as my RAZR had insurance that covered everything, including water damage, for a $50 deductible, while I assumed water damage would usually mean out of pocket full price for the phone (as Apple informed me water and accidental damage would not be covered under the Apple Care Protection Plan). $200 is better than $499 or the $599 I paid...
CJD2112 is offline   0
Old Aug 24, 2007, 07:14 PM   #7
chr1s60
macrumors 65816

Nothing to repair for iPhone is going to be cheap. I think Apple should provide free repair for those who have had iPhones since they were released since we are pretty much testing their product for them.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 11:24 PM   #8
Canuck4
macrumors 6502a

yes, wouldnt that be great.
Free repairs, Im sure thats not costing them any money

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s60 View Post
Nothing to repair for iPhone is going to be cheap. I think Apple should provide free repair for those who have had iPhones since they were released since we are pretty much testing their product for them.
Canuck4 is offline   0
Old Aug 25, 2007, 01:09 AM   #9
Virtualball
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s60 View Post
Why do people say that all the time? It's been out for two months now, there have been 0 problems with it, 77 percent say they are satisfied, celebrities are using them, they've sold hundreds of thousands (at least), it has an amazing UI, and I love mine. Maybe Apple got it right the first time? *Gasp*
Virtualball is offline   0
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:54 AM   #10
daveschroeder
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to daveschroeder Send a message via MSN to daveschroeder Send a message via Yahoo to daveschroeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrain2929 View Post
I bet is . I'd like to know what's going through the head's of Apple employees. Hmmm...
No, Apple is not "" because ResQ Systems is offering iPhone repair services. Why would they be?
daveschroeder is offline   0
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:56 AM   #11
daveschroeder
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to daveschroeder Send a message via MSN to daveschroeder Send a message via Yahoo to daveschroeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSyllables View Post
Apple will still do repairs for a fee, even if the warranty has been "voided". That's the whole point of for-fee repairs. If it's out of warranty because it has expired or because it has been "voided", Apple will still do the repair. They won't just reject it.
daveschroeder is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion