Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Aug 9, 2003, 12:21 AM   #1
job
macrumors 68040

What Issues?

Why does everyone think that the G5s will have technical issues and thus feel the need to put off their purchase until Rev. B? (God knows when that's going to happen.)

Honestly, what issues are you guys expecting? Pre-WWDC, some members could have killed for the chance to use a G5, let alone own one. Now nearly every potential buyer, especially newer ones are *still* waiting? Errr...did I miss something here?

Sure, Apple's initial product offering's haven't been the greatest lately, but hell, it's better than some of the problems faced by Wintel users.

[end rant]
job is offline   0
Old Aug 9, 2003, 12:39 AM   #2
patrick0brien
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to patrick0brien Send a message via Yahoo to patrick0brien
-job

Old habits. In the past, even Macs suffered from "New Car Model" syndrome.

While occurences haven't happened often in recent years, it's still a good rule to live by.

Though I violated this myself when I bought a Rev. A 12PB (yes, they're all Rev.A's at this point) - and I couldn't be happier.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion