Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

equis.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I have a PowerBook G4 15" 1.33GHz that up until now ran flawlessly. Today I was watching a movie on it with some friends when it randomly shutdown. Since then, it no longer turns on. The battery is fully charged and there is no problem with my AC adapter. With just the battery, nothing happens when I press the power button. When the AC adapter is plugged in and I press the power button, the optical drive spins at full speed for a few minutes and then the PowerBook shuts itself down again. I have attempted reseting pram and pmu with no success. I think it could be a dead logic board but I'm not sure. Would it be worth the money to buy a new logic board or should I just part it out?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
See if you get video out on it from a monitor. Also try swapping out the ram and/or starting up from install disc to see if it is your hard drive.

equis.zero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Nothing showed up when I tried an external display. Checked the ram, it seems to be fine. I can't try starting up from a disk as the movie I was watching when it died is still stuck in the drive and won't eject when I hold down the mouse button on startup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.