Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which logo do you like better?

• American Typewriter

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • URW Gothic L

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Prestige Elite Std Bold

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Spaceman

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Monaco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I need a logo for my website and possibly some business cards, and after some doodling this is what I came up with (with good help from my girlfriend):

logoer.v2.gif

All suggestions shown on no/white background and on a coloured one.

Simple question really, considering I like thing fairly simplistic: Which one do you like best?

ahuman7341

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
Fairbanks, AK
Try making "geek" serif whilst making "no" sans serif. Like the first or the third geek, then do something like helvetica for no. I'm not a very experienced graphic designer but just something to try. Otherwise use the 3rd one, its my favorite from the list.

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
I would use either 2 or 4. If doing a combo Serif/Sans I also suggest having Geek be Sans and No be Serif. Possibly geek from 4 and no from 3.

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
I vote, 1., just the way it is. but if you really want to experiment with mixing, i strongly disagree with mixing 1 and 4. I actually don't like anything about 4. If i was going to mix, i would mix 1 & 2 or 1 & 5. Keep it simple though, just go with 1. It's clean, it's modern, it's simple...it's...the way i like things.

-JE

grafikat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2003
I'm with jasonE...I like number 1, though, I'd incorporate the orange into the dot...just for fun....and I'd kern between the dot to even the spacing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.