Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
I am going to college soon and I was wondering what the best lock for that little Kensington lock slot on the Macbook pro. I know they aren't 100% safe but at least it's a deterrent.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
I got a kensington notebook lock from circuit city today. it was 19 bucks after instant rebate and if the mail in rebate comes through, itl be 9 bucks. It seems like a really sturdy lock and fits the mbp well.

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
I do recommend the Kensington Combo Saver Lock...it's a combination lock and the wires and the lock iteself look very safe.
I wouldn't buy a cheap fake Kensington Lock...if you have the money to buy an Apple laptop one should always invest the few bucks extra to protect it;)

byakuya

Shorties

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Southern California
I do recommend the Kensington Combo Saver Lock...it's a combination lock and the wires and the lock iteself look very safe.
I wouldn't buy a cheap fake Kensington Lock...if you have the money to buy an Apple laptop one should always invest the few bucks extra to protect it;)

byakuya

Any specific models you could point me to that are really good?

byakuya

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
http://us.kensington.com/html/13307.html

This is the one I own.
It didn't cause any trouble yet and I feel safe leaving the Macbook unattended in a library or so. You probably shouldn't leave it unattended the whole day but for breaks that only last 30mins or so the lock is perfect I think.

byakuya

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.