Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:12 AM   #1
OldManJimbo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to OldManJimbo Send a message via Yahoo to OldManJimbo Send a message via Skype™ to OldManJimbo
Does NUMBERS run Pivot tables?

I love the iWorks 08 applications. As an Excel power user, I am wondering if Numbers will run Pivot tables. I confess that I've not taken the time to look through the helps on Numbers.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 10:11 AM   #2
Hopstretch
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManJimbo View Post
I love the iWorks 08 applications. As an Excel power user, I am wondering if Numbers will run Pivot tables. I confess that I've not taken the time to look through the helps on Numbers.
It will not run pivot tables. If you're an Excel power user, forget about Numbers. It just isn't built (yet?) to work at that level. Sorry.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:18 AM   #3
OldManJimbo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to OldManJimbo Send a message via Yahoo to OldManJimbo Send a message via Skype™ to OldManJimbo
Numbers is loaded with some very tasty eye-candy and the sliders (etc) are useful tools - so I'll continue to learn the basics and use it when appropriate. Hate to admit it, but I'll also stick with Excel for pivots.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store