Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Hey guys,

I good friend of mine purchased a G5 iMac (1.8 17inch). It works well and was very happy with it. He bought it to my house so that I can see it and it connected to my wireless network with no problem. He took it home and it would not connect to his wireless network. I went over last night to see what I can do. Let me pain the picture.

His router is in the downstairs living room. This is the only place in the house where he has a cable line coming in. He uses a PC laptop with the wireless connection with no problem. His iMac is in the up stairs office. I was able to get the iMac connected but it would disconnect sporadically. When it does connect, it is painfully slow. My Macbook connects from that room to the router with no problems. I get full bars and it works great. I changed the channel on the router and got a little better result, buy not much. I reset the Pram, I’ve tried everything to get this working. Nothing… Even his PC laptop works better than the iMac. The router is a “Belkin G” router.

A side note: The machine was purchased used, it was not reformatted. It still has the OS X 10.4 that was installed on that machine.

Any Ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.