Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astranovus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
sorry if this is a dumb question

but how does one number pages in pages 08,

in word it was a one click job, but i can't get it to work in iwork's pages

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You want to set the page numbers or get them.

Getting them is only a matter of going to the Insert menu.

If you're trying to set them, you might look at "Restarting Page Numbering in a Section" in the help text.

pale9

macrumors regular
sorry if this is a dumb question

but how does one number pages in pages 08,

in word it was a one click job, but i can't get it to work in iwork's pages

same problem here. seems like the only way to do this is go to each page and click on insert page number. dont think i will do that with 200+ pages. ms word is starting to look better than ever to me.

officerdick

macrumors regular
May 4, 2006
Open the footer and click insert-> page number. In the inspector you can choose to start counting, or to continue from the previous section. e.g you dont want a page number on the front page or in the TOC. You can also decide to make different headers/fotters for different sections. Actually i think its alot more flexiable than word.

Gwil

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2013
Hi,

I find pages alright most of the time and can often do everything I want, it's just trying to get my head around it, or ask someone that actually knows what they're doing.

However, does anyone know how you include pages numbers on a word file? I.E. If I include auto page numbers or whatever on a pages document, then chose to share it, I lose all the page numbers. Anyone know how I add the page numbers onto a word doc?

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.