Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:52 AM   #1
PhilS1121
macrumors newbie

Possible to move application to encrypted folder?

Can I move an application, such as Microsoft Entourage, to an encrytped folder, so that in order to open Entourage, you would first have to open the encrypted folder with a password? Would there be any unpleasant side effects from this?
PhilS1121 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2007, 11:48 PM   #2
PhilS1121
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS1121 View Post
Can I move an application, such as Microsoft Entourage, to an encrytped folder, so that in order to open Entourage, you would first have to open the encrypted folder with a password?
Yes, I think you can do this. It might help though to also add to the disk image any associated folders that are also in the applications folder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS1121 View Post
Would there be any unpleasant side effects from this?
There do not appear to be any so far. You may have to watch out for problems when you update the software, but you could probably just move the pertinent files from the disk image back to the Applications folder before updating.

Cool, thanks for your help. Hey, let's chat offline a bit.
PhilS1121 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store