Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Aug 30, 2007, 12:04 AM   #1
msizzle64
macrumors 6502

Nevr-Dull Chrome solution question.

Navintar posted that he used Nevr-Dull to fix the scratches on the iPhones Chrome http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...ghlight=chrome. I tried it on the back of my iPod Nano (1st Generation) but after buffing it and then buffing it with a cloth, it looks worse than before. what is the correct procedure to remove these scratches?
iPad 2 Wi-Fi 32GB Black
msizzle64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 01:21 AM   #2
woodbutcher
macrumors regular

no metal polish works on annodized surfaces once scratched there is no remedy
woodbutcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 01:32 AM   #3
msizzle64
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
no metal polish works on annodized surfaces once scratched there is no remedy
then why does navintar confirm
that the scratches are gone by using this product?
iPad 2 Wi-Fi 32GB Black
msizzle64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 02:08 AM   #4
Navintar
macrumors member

Quote:
Navintar posted that he used Nevr-Dull to fix the scratches on the iPhones Chrome http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...ghlight=chrome. I tried it on the back of my iPod Nano (1st Generation) but after buffing it and then buffing it with a cloth, it looks worse than before. what is the correct procedure to remove these scratches?
I masked the unwanted part of the phone, using any kind of tape, just to make sure the chemical substance in Neverdull won't damage any other part. I scrubed the chrome part with gentle and gradually increasing pressure.

Quote:
then why does navintar confirm
that the scratches are gone by using this product?
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out well for your iPod. Is it likely that the iphone bezel and the back of the ipod are made of somewhat different materials. Can anyone confirm??
Navintar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:10 AM   #5
jamespa66
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to jamespa66 Send a message via Yahoo to jamespa66
I would never think of using NeverDull on my iPhone or iPods it is very abrasive and actually removes material.
jamespa66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2008, 01:49 AM   #6
knumbskull
macrumors newbie

neverdull

Quote:
Originally Posted by msizzle64 View Post
I know this post was a while ago but I found it while I was researching never dull
You should look into a product called Flitz. I use it for everything from my chrome rims, to my watch and hell it works on almost everything from plastic, paint, metal, almost everything you should try it it worked on the chrome back of my first Ipod. thanks
knumbskull is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 07:40 AM   #7
Quicksilver G4
macrumors newbie

I know it's been a long time, but do you think Flitz will remove the scratches on my Apple Studio Display? (plastic ones)
Quicksilver G4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2009, 09:24 PM   #8
junulrik
macrumors newbie

NEVR DULL works for iphone 3G

I for one attest that using NEVR DULL WADDING REALLY works on my iphone 3G scratched bezel. Just try to be patient, and use it again and again after several minutes and you will see it really works. My worry on my chrome bezel looked ugly now is gone. thanks for guys who posted about nevrdull.
junulrik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2009, 08:05 PM   #9
chox99
macrumors regular

Thumbs up

I tried today. I did 2 times each side. most of scuffs and scratches are still there and bezel itself became little more dull than before. BUT, scuffs and scratches are MUCH LESS noticeable now. I think it's better trade off. now my iPhone look Awesome!!! I'm afraid to do few more time since it might rub the finish off but it's definitely worth it! NEVR-DULL FTW.
chox99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting