Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
This is my crappy PC before and my setup

DSC00253-1.jpg

and after with my new 2.0ghz iMac Baseline?
also

anyone have any questions for it?

DSC00259.jpg

i love the 1 cord for power, wireless, speakers inside etc!

love my mac~

anyone have any questions for my new iMac 2.0ghz

tom5304

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
I was afraid of the glare, too, but once there is any content on the screen, the glare disappears. When my iMac is off, it looks like a mirror. When it's on, it's just a normal looking monitor. Fear not the glare!

tartsquid

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2006
Reston, VA
It looks great!

I have to agree that having just one cord is one of the best things about the iMac. I had to set up an old PC for my mom and got irritated by the sheer amount of cord connecting I had to do.

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Yeah, the glare looks horrible. How are you dealing with it?

And how about getting a decent desk and some carpeting? Then a nice ergonomic chair.

What if he likes the desk, and he is very allergic, so carpeting is a no go? Oh, and he likes to stand while using the computer.:rolleyes:

Sheesshh

And to the OP: Love the iMac, really stylish.

Tramjaw

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
Chicago
Yes.... Where is the computer? I can only see a monitor and keyboard!! :D

haha! i love that. you have no idea how many people ask me that. even the so called "Anti-:apple:" friends of mine. :D

btw, set up looks great. i really like the new iMacs.

maybe someday *tear*

MacUserSince87

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2007
Northern Virginia, USA
Wow! You can really tell the difference between the two screens!

Your new iMac is very very colourful compared to your G4!
Out of curiosity, is the new one a 24" or 20"?

The new one is a 24". The old one is the 17" self-calibrating AGP powered Studio Monitor. I believe its a Mitsubitshi Diamond CRT, Circa 2001. The relative size in the photos is exagerated by near/far perspective as it was taken with a 10mm lens on a 20D (equiv to 16mm FF).

Here's comparison between the gamut of the CRT (color) and the iMac created with ColorSync:

G4vsiMacGamut.jpg

The LCD gamut is larger in reds but slightly smaller than the CRT in the greens. Here's a comparison of the iMac 24 gamut (white) with the gamut of an 8C HP7960 inkjet on HP Premium Plus paper (color):
iMacvs8HPP.jpg

Most of the two gamuts overlap but the parts hanging out mean the printer can reproduce a wider gamut in greens, reds, and yellows than the screen can display.

JWFerne

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2006
Here's a before and after of my old windows pc setup. I finally bit the bullet, cleared my head of WinXP and I went out and got an iMac. I'm a happier man now... :D

Attachments

• f'd up.jpg
    f'd up.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 690
  • currentsetup.jpg
    currentsetup.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 345

JWFerne

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2006
:eek::eek::eek:

what happened to your room in the first pic?! how long did that take to clean up? looks much better now :D

lol thats a joke... that picture was a winner of the sloppiest computer desk contest. I just was messing around on google and found the picture and posted it for some fun :D

gormond

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
lol thats a joke... that picture was a winner of the sloppiest computer desk contest. I just was messing around on google and found the picture and posted it for some fun :D

That's nothing, you should see the mess of some people computer desks that i have seen while fixing them... (the computers not the desks :D )

M-apple-T

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2008
Hows the performance of the base line model? I was looking to get the base line to replace my current pc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.