Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Hey guys,

i'm buying an iPhone tomorrow. can you tell me whether it'll be possible to view vids from this website: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

??

At the moment, it requires a DivX codec, but then it's great! do you know about this site in the US?

M

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
duh... obviously not. But with all these software mods being added, there may have been a way. anyone?

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Hey guys,

i'm buying an iPhone tomorrow. can you tell me whether it'll be possible to view vids from this website: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/

??

At the moment, it requires a DivX codec, but then it's great! do you know about this site in the US?

M

I just tried on my iPhone & no they don't work & i'm not sure if there are any hacks out to play that format or not... Yeah some of the people can be immature jerks, however they sound like they are 15 year olds though so that would make sense.... darn kids haha

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
thanks guys. I'm sure someone must be working on it. my skills aren't that great to make a codec myself.

if you get a chance to check out that site it's amazing! like all seasons of 24 every episode just streamed! can you imagine a killer divx streaming codec for iPhone? the site has movies too... you wouldn't have to worry that it only has 8gb storage.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
thanks guys. I'm sure someone must be working on it. my skills aren't that great to make a codec myself.

if you get a chance to check out that site it's amazing! like all seasons of 24 every episode just streamed! can you imagine a killer divx streaming codec for iPhone? the site has movies too... you wouldn't have to worry that it only has 8gb storage.

I agree, this would be amazing. All it would take would be a site like this to encode the video with H.264. I'm sure it will happen in time.

Canuck4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Yeah, what a rude jerk :D

Why is it, when this is supposed to be a polite community, you fire back with a sarcastic answer, when he asks a legit question? Maturity goes a long way in life... Try to use some.

gceo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2007
San Diego, CA

The best way to handle TV shows is to download them from the net, and drop them (any format) into iSquint, which will automatically h.264 encodes them, and auto drops them into iTunes for you, ready for your next sync. Even the 4GB iPhone has plenty of memory for several shows, and you don't have to worry about having a good net connection for streaming.

Once the iPhone supports flash, most all of these sites will be viewable on the iPhone. Flash is certain to come to the iPhone platform by the end of the year.

Incorrect

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
I have a iPod
touch and it runs google just fine. However I too was wondering if tv links worked (one of the only sites not blocked at school) and was Sad to find that it was shut down, so no tv links doesn't work on iPhone. The lack of flash really puts a damper on all stuff!

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Why is it, when this is supposed to be a polite community, you fire back with a sarcastic answer, when he asks a legit question? Maturity goes a long way in life... Try to use some.

Yeah but we have google for that. "can iPhone play DIVX videos?" and hell have his answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.